Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Guarantor service for Visa application 2018/4/7 10:34
Hello,

I am from Canada and am interested in applying for the 'Child of a Japanese National Visa'. I have everything I need to obtain this visa except a Guarantor.

According to the Guarantor letter template for this visa, this person would be financially responsible for me should I run of money or break the law etc so it is not just a character reference. I don't have anyone in Japan who could act as my guarantor so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company who provides this service.

I have contacted a few guarantor companies but they all specialize in guarantor services for foreigners who rent apartments in Japan, not for visas.

If anyone has any leads I would be extremely appreciative!

Thank you.
by Roark  

Re: Guarantor service for Visa application 2018/4/7 18:56
For family/relationship based visa, it is the family member who would be the guarantor, so I believe in your case it would be your Japanese parent who needs to be your guarantor. Just like I (Japanese) was the guarantor for my non-Japanese husband when we applied for his "spouse of Japanese national" resident status.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Guarantor service for Visa application 2018/4/7 19:51
I suppose you intend to apply for a visa directly (without a CoE), since you don't seem to have any known relatives in Japan who can apply for a CoE on your behalf? Then ask the embassy/consulate where you want to apply.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Guarantor service for Visa application 2018/4/7 19:59
By the way, if you are the child of a Japanese citizen and have not formally renounced your Japanese citizenship, you are probably still a Japanese citizen.

Re: Guarantor service for Visa application 2018/4/7 23:59
Thank you, everyone.
Apparently the guarantor needs to live in Japan so my parent can't sign the letter for me :\
by Roark rate this post as useful

Re: Guarantor service for Visa application 2018/4/8 16:36
Have you actually contacted the embassy/consulate? They will provide better guidance than random strangers on the Internet.

reply to this thread