Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido July Itinerary Sequence Advise 2018/4/10 00:32
Hi all,

I will need some advise on my upcoming Hokkaido 13D12N July Itinerary sequence as listed below. I am planning to rent a car from Day 1 to Day 8. I will be returning car at Sapporo. Is my itinerary feasible?

Day 1 - Chitose(Landing around noon time) to Noboribetsu

Day 2 - Noboribetsu to Hakodate

Day 3 - Hakodate

Day 4 - Hakodate to Lake Toya

Day 5 - Lake Toya to Jozankei

Day 6 - Jozankei to Yubari to Asahiyama zoo to Furano

Day 7 - Furano/Biel

Day 8 - Furano to Sapporo

Day 9 - Sapporo (Day trip to Otaru)

Day 10 - Sapporo (Day trip to Shiroi Koibito Park)

Day 11 - Sapporo

Day 12 - Sapporo

Day 13 - Sapporo to Chitose

by Liangzai  

Re: Hokkaido July Itinerary Sequence Advise 2018/4/17 20:46
Generally, yours looks good. But I have some concerns.

Usually, lavenders are good from July 10 to July 25. Are you hitting Furano in that period? Day 6 appears a bit tough, compared with others. I think of an order of Yubari-Furano-Asahikawa. I do not start to drive after a long flight. I would take a rest on the first day. The choice could be Noboribetsu, Jozankei, or Hakodate. The first two have direct buses from Chitose. Hakodate has Yunokawa Onsen.

There should be more varieties. I am interested in Shokotan Penisula. So, I might try to follow a route of CTS-Noboribetsu-Hakodate-Toya-(Niseko)-(Shakotan)-Otaru-(Mashike)-Asahikawa/Asahiyama-Biei-Furano-Yubari-Jozankei-Sapporo-CTS.

by Luisjp rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido July Itinerary Sequence Advise 2018/4/18 08:20
This is the page Japanguide introduces Hokkaido.

https://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1101.html

As you see, top three "must visit" places in Hokkaido are Shiretoko, Rishiri and Rebun and Daisetsuzan. You have enough time to visit at least one of these. Personally I would recommend Rebun and recommend you to allocate 4 to 5 nights in northern Hokkaido including Rebun. it will take long time but it is worth the visit.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido July Itinerary Sequence Advise 2018/4/18 16:54
Agree. Actually, in summer, most riders in Japan try to follow a route of Otaru-Wakkanai-Shiretoko. That is why I have included a part of it from Otaru to Mashike/Rumoi.
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread