Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10D9N budget question for 2.2 people 2018/4/14 00:55
Hello, me, my wife and my 1 year old are planning to stay in Japan for 10days this June. Is 200000 Yen enough, considering that my child wont be requiring mu ch money? thus 2.2 people , I estimate.

things to consider:
1. We plan to tour on USJ, Fuji Q, Disney Sea
2. We plan on taking night bus from Kyoto to Tokyo
3. Flights are not to be included in budget, arrival/departure KIX/NRT
4. We plan on staying at cheap hotels/airbnb around 30000 yen estimate for 10 days
5. We plan on eating on not so expensive food, but if budget allows, will try matsusaka beef and tsukiji sushi/sashimi
6. I dont plan to buy anything, my wife plans to buy clothes, I think Uniqlo casual type of clothes
7. will visit usual places for tourist, ex. Ginkakuji, etc.
8. we are not planning to get jrpass
by kevsestrella  

Re: 10D9N budget question for 2.2 people 2018/4/14 10:05
You can work this out yourself. Add up your accommodation costs, add up your transport costs (pass prices can be found on this website, single train ride prices can be found using Hyperdia - hyperdia.com/en), use the budgeting section on this website to estimate food costs, add up ticket prices, etc.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10D9N budget question for 2.2 people 2018/4/14 13:03
And those theme parks and night buses really suitable for a 1yo?
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: 10D9N budget question for 2.2 people 2018/4/14 13:15
for the parks, if there are rides, we don't plan to ride together, one will hold the baby while the other take their turn. i have read somewhere about switch child rule implemented in theme parks in japan that made this possible. for night bus, from where I came from we are already doing it with the child for 8 hours trip from metro to province. I think same trip time applies from kyoto to tokyo. Bus seat inclination will be a big help of course.
by kevsestrella rate this post as useful

Re: 10D9N budget question for 2.2 people 2018/4/14 13:26
I just went with 2 people for 8 nights, stayed in a cheap business hotel, ate at casual restaurants and didn't visit any theme parks and it cost me about 320000 JPY, excluding airfare. Only did about 30000 worth of shopping.

There is no chance you are going to stay somewhere for 10 days for 30000 yen. (That's under $30 US per night!). Even a bed in a hostel is going to cost more than that, and you need room for a family. If you have found something advertised that cheaply, there's gotta be a huge catch, so run away now.

by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10D9N budget question for 2.2 people 2018/4/14 20:18
Accommodation is going to be a problem, the cheapest are hostel, but most don't allow children or babies, and regular hotels will set you at least 5000-6000 yen which is on the cheap side, probably do some saving and visit Japan at a later date.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10D9N budget question for 2.2 people 2018/4/15 07:01
I would somewhat agree. You accommodation budget is probably half what it need to be. You can get some Toyoko Inn double rooms for averages of 4500-5000 yen a night if you book early enough. But a small double (140cm wide) bed with 2.2 people in it means one person per night will get a poor sleep. SO you may need to pay more to get a bigger bed or two beds.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: 10D9N budget question for 2.2 people 2018/4/15 08:15
Hello, thanks for your replies. I'll look for a better accomodation.
by kevsestrella rate this post as useful

reply to this thread