Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How does our Japan Itinerary look? 2018/4/14 15:56
I am planning a 26 night stay in Japan for myself and my husband in October this year. This my suggested itinerary so far. Tokyo 7 nights (accommodation booked), Kyoto 4 nights, Osaka 4 nights, Takayama 2 nights, Shirikawa 2 nights, Kanazawa 2 nights, Negano 3 nights.
I am interested to know what fellow Japan travellers think of my proposal.
Also, I need to add 1 more night either in places previously mentioned or somewhere new - any suggestions? We are flying in and out of Tokyo.
Thanks in advance.
Sandi8

by Sandi8  

Re: How does our Japan Itinerary look? 2018/4/14 17:30
I think you have too much time around Takayama and Osaka and not enough in Kyoto. But it depends on your interests. In Osaka 1 day would be enough for me, but if you plan to use it as a base for Himeiji, Nara, Universal Studio, well then 4 nights is okay.

2 nights in Shirakawa for me would be too much. It is just a small village. If you can sleep there one night that might be very nice, but 2 is too much. I personally also did not like Takayama that much, but I did like staying in Hirayu onsen very much. If you like onsen at all, on your itinerary this would seem the best place to have a 2 days break in an onsen resort.

http://bicycletraveljapan.blogspot.jp/2017/10/day-30-takayama-sightsee...

With having 26 days I would go somewhere more off the beaten track as well. Tohoku or Naoshima...

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How does our Japan Itinerary look? 2018/4/14 17:31
Too long in Osaka. I would take a couple of days from there to visit Hiroshima and Miyajima, with an overnight stay in between.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How does our Japan Itinerary look? 2018/4/14 17:36
55 pt/100

Too much Takayama 2 nights, Shirikawa 2 nights, Kanazawa 2 nights, "Negano" 3 nights.
And "NAGANO" is.

You should go wider, far away by Japan Rail Pass 14 or 7 days, or car rent.
by Pharillon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread