Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taking ferry to Sumo Tournament Tokyo 2018/4/18 02:47
We have the good fortune to find ourselves in Tokyo this year during the Grand Sumo Final in late September!

I will be booking tickets online as soon as they are released on August 4th (August 3rd my time).

I understand it's not proper for westerners to sit in the box seats, is this correct? I'll probably book "A" Section western seats.

We are staying in Shinagawa at the Prince Sakura Tower at the time. I was wondering what the best way to get to Ryogoku is from Shinagawa Station.

I was also wondering where the ferry pier is in Ryogoku (or what's it called, so I can look it up on Google Maps... the ferry site is very vague), and if anyone has experience taking the ferry to the Sumo match?

It looks as though Tokyo Mizube Cruising Line has a line that runs from Odaiba to Ryogoku. We were thinking of spending the morning in Odaiba, and then taking the ferry to Ryogoku Pier, arriving around 3pm, a little early for the main action.

Any suggestions on transportation or timings of what we should see, when we should arrive, etc., are welcome.
by sdg2844  

Re: Taking ferry to Sumo Tournament Tokyo 2018/4/18 16:39
by DQ28 rate this post as useful

Re: Taking ferry to Sumo Tournament Tokyo 2018/4/19 02:13
Thanks for posting.. no, I finally figured out the pier, it's called "Sumida Kuyakusyo Mae" and it is on Google Maps.

Now I'm curious to know if anyone has done this on a sumo day and if it's worthwhile or how crowded it is?
by sdg2844 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread