Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trip drive from Wakayama any suggestions? 2018/4/28 20:44
Hi, I am thinking of staying in Wakayama for 2 nights and hiring a car for 1 day and spending the day driving around with my family sight seeing. I've never driven in Japan before but am a confident driver and drive on the left hand side at home (Australia). Firstly, what do people think about the level of challenge driving around that area? Also, I've been trying to work out what to see. I thought it might be nice to see the rice fields in Aridagawa and the suspension bridge along that route. After that we will be staying in Katsuura and will day trip to Dorokyo gorge, so no need to access that on the day car trip. I'd really appreciate some advice. Thanks.
by Itrina  

Re: Day trip drive from Wakayama any suggestions? 2018/4/29 07:53
Firstly, what do people think about the level of challenge driving around that area?

Driving in Japan is generally very easy, especially outside the city centers and if you are used to driving on the left side. Roads are well maintained, drivers are generally considerate, and many rental car outlets provide English navigation systems. The speed limits are very low, and most people drive a little faster.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip drive from Wakayama any suggestions? 2018/4/29 17:17
Koyasan is a good day trip. The drive is around 2 hours though, so itfs a long day, but the views are awesome.
Yuasa and Kainan (to see soy sauce being made, and lacquerware) could be an alternative.
Wakayama itself isnft the most amazing town, but the castle grounds are nice and if you go to Marina City and see the tuna cutting then thatfs pretty good.
If I was taking a car, Ifd consider keeping it for the trip to Katsuura. The coast drive is nice in places, and you could stop at Shirahama and go to saki no yu for the fantastic seaside onsen experience.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread