Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Disney Sea in late June - bad idea? 2018/5/5 19:23
Hi,
Hoping for some advise here. This will be our 3rd trip to Japan but first time during rainy season (10 days in Tokyo, 3rd to 4th wk of June). Schedule couldn’t be helped due to work commitments.

First time to go to Disney Sea too as my kid has her heart set on this. Precisely because we are used to tropical monsoons & typhoons, I’m thinking we will have a terrible time if the timing of our Disney trip (advance ticket) coincides with a rainy day. We’re thinking of buying our Disney tickets online very soon.
I don’t mind the temperature / humidity, but dismayed at the idea of spending the whole day feeling wet & standing in line / walking around under the rain. How bad is it really? Is the rain usually torrential & does it rain for most of the day?

The other option is to wait 1 week prior & wait for the japan weather forecast & hope tickets don’t get sold out.

Which option would you suggest?
by Gigi (guest)  

Re: Disney Sea in late June ― bad idea? 2018/5/6 05:54
The risk of rain is around 40%. The risk of considerable rain (more than 1 cm) is around 17%. During the rainy season, sustained rain is more common than quick thunderstorms. Typhoons rarely make it to Tokyo in June.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Disney Sea in late June - bad idea? 2018/5/6 09:14
This is anecdotal.

We went to Disney Sea in late June during rainy Season in 2017. It even rained while we were there. It was awesome! Yes, there was no parade or special light shows and we got super wet riding the Flounder Ride since it was outdoors, but to make up for it, the park was super quiet and lines were much shorter than usual. We were staying on property and had a pass that allowed us to park hop. We went to Disneyland in mid-afternoon that day, and walked onto Monsters Inc and Winnie the Pooh. The rain had stopped by that point but it was super windy. It did not rain all day, just mostly from 8:00 am until 14:00.

Personally, I think the bigger negative about visiting in June in this particular year is Journey to the Center of the Earth is closed for refurbishment until mid-July. Monsters might also be closed for refurbishment.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Disney Sea in late June ― bad idea? 2018/5/6 15:07
Go during mid week if possible. Rainy weather means shorter lines which does have some positives.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Disney Sea in late June - bad idea? 2018/5/10 13:55
Thanks Uji, mfedley & rkold.
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread