Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What type of JR Pass should we get? 2018/5/9 18:58
Hi me & my partner are travelling to Japan in June, we'll be staying in Tokyo for 3 nights then going to Kyoto for 3 nights. While staying in Kyoto for 3 nights we want to travel to Nara & Osaka, then back to Tokyo from kyoto. What type of JR Pass do you think we should get?

Many Thanks
Aaron
by azzajr6  

Re: What type of JR Pass should we get? 2018/5/10 08:52
by ? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What type of JR Pass should we get? 2018/5/10 12:25
I don't think you need a pass. I'd buy a round trip discount bullet train ticket on Japanican for 21000 yen:

https://www.japanican.com/en/special/tours/shinkansen/index.aspx

and then just use the local rail lines to get to Nara and Osaka. Should only be about 800 yen each way between Nara, Osaka and Kyoto.

by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What type of JR Pass should we get? 2018/5/11 02:59
Thank you very much guys. Appreciate it.
by azzajr6 rate this post as useful

Re: What type of JR Pass should we get? 2018/5/11 04:47
I would get a 7-day JR Pass. With a RT between Tokyo & Osaka, trips to Kyoto and Nara, plus travels within Tokyo (and some within Osaka and Kyoto), you are likely to come out slightly ahead. And there is also an added convenience of not having to buy individual tickets on JR lines. Do your own math and see if that makes sense for you.
by Okaidoku (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What type of JR Pass should we get? 2018/5/11 04:55
Thank you i'll have a look into that.
by azzajr6 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread