Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Wide Area Pass 2018/5/10 03:48
Below is my Itinerary for 5 day out of 12, the rest being within the central Osaka, Namba and near by area where the subway is more convenience. But for the list below, what passes will you recommend to use, of all the passes available I do see the Kansai Wide Area Pass is best fit, although for some locations, I do have to consider using other forms of transport not covered by the pass if I want a trouble free, less connection train service and the lease time travel. but I'm also confused about using the Kansai Wide Area Pass, when they say it covers the use of Shinkansen and limited express trains for non reserved seats, as I know there is a extra supplement fee to pay when using these two types of train service (normally), does the Kansai Wide Area Pass include these cost.

Lastly would you consider this Itinerary do able.

Day 4
Arima Onsen

Day 5
Suma Aqualife Park
Kobe Animal Kingdom
Kobe China Town

Day 6
Amanohashidate

Day 7
Arashiyama Monkey Park
Bamboo Grove
Kinkakuji
Kyoto Aquarium

Day 8
Ginkakuji
Philosopher's Path
Nishiki Market
Fushimi Inari Taisha

by kms899  

Re: Kansai Wide Area Pass 2018/5/10 17:51
when they say it covers the use of Shinkansen and limited express trains for non reserved seats, as I know there is a extra supplement fee to pay when using these two types of train service (normally), does the Kansai Wide Area Pass include these cost.

Yes, when a pass is said to "cover" Shinkansen/ltd exp for certain types of seats, it means it includes both the fare and the limitrd express fees, for those types of seats (for other types of seats it usually includes only the fare, though some passes may not include anything at all).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Wide Area Pass 2018/5/10 20:33
Thanks for the reply. you have been helpful, now I need to finish my itinerary for my other days.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Wide Area Pass 2018/5/14 23:48
Another question, I will be coming from Amanohashidate Station, whiles it's run by the Kyoto Tango Railway company, not JR, although the pass does cover this route, what if I take the LTD express JR Hashidate 8/10 from Amanohashidate Station to Nijo Station, is this also covered.

I ask because I will be staying near Gion Shijo Station, and Nijo Station is the closest station coming from Amanohashidate Station with a direct route.

Thanks
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread