Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/12 01:55
I already have ICOCA so I would like to buy only Haruka discount ticket but the station that I would like to go is Shinimamiya (one stop after Tennoji). If I buy haruka round trip ticket only stop at Tennoji, how I can pay extra fare for 1 station after use local train to Shinimamiya? or I must buy ticket that its fare stop at shin-Osaka?
by zunthree (guest)  

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/12 10:45
Don't bother with Haruka if only travel so far. It is only 5-10 minutes quicker. And you'll lose that time savings transferring to a Osaka loop train anyways. Save money, take a normal train.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka ticket? Shin-Imamiya Station? 2018/5/12 13:45
hakata14:
It is only 5-10 minutes quicker.

Haruka trains are more quicker.

zunthree:
If I buy Haruka round trip ticket only stop at Tennoji, how I can pay extra fare for 1 station after use local train to Shinimamiya?

Unless you go outside a ticket gate on the way,
you don't pay any extra fee;
your Haruka discount ticket lets you get to Shin-Imamiya Station,
taking first a Limited Express Haruka train until Tennoji then second a Local train.

Have you read the official webpage for the ICOCA & HARUKA?
You see Shin-Imamiya Station in the map of the Osaka service area covered by the discount ticket.
- JR-West: ICOCA & HARUKA
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/icoca-haruka/

the station that I would like to go is Shinimamiya

The simplest and fastest option is to take a Nankai Limited Express Rapi:t train from Kansai-airport Station to Shin-imamiya Station.
- Nankai Electric Railway: Kanku Tokuwari Rapi:t Ticket
http://www.howto-osaka.com/en/ticket/ticket/tokuwari.html

- Google maps around JR Shin-Imamiya and Nankai Shin-imamiya Stations
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place/Shin-Imamiya+Station/@34.65021,135...
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/12 18:59
Thanks,may be i should go to shinimamiya by nankai that it stop at shinimamiya station directly.
by zunthree (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/12 22:33
if you take kanku-kaisoku in JR line (same line in which Haruka runs), you can go directly to JR shin-imamiya station.

thus, hakata14 is right. the time difference is not so large.
if you take Haruka, you have to transfer trains at Tennoji station. it wastes some time.
and transferring at Tennoji is more complicated, because many different trains can go from Tennoji to Shin-Imamiya.

in summary,
there are two ways to go to Shin-Imamiya directly from KIX.
JR line with Kanku-kaisoku
Nankai line
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/12 22:39
Nankai is both cheaper and quicker than JR, though, so the only reason to use JR would be if you have a rail pass that makes it "free".
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/13 08:11
Wouldn't the ICOCA & HARUKA be cheaper if purchased as a package, or if you have a ICOCA card, you can purchased the HARUKA ticket at discount price, although you still have the connection issue, also I like to ask and sorry for the hijack, the ICOCA & HARUKA is sold for destination to Tennoji and Shin-Osaka with a price differences of 200yen, if I'm to go to ShinImamiya Station or Namba Station which one should I buy.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/13 08:21
Sorry yes Haruka service to Tennoji is 15-20 minutes quicker. But they are only every 30 minutes.

The regular airport rapid is every 15 minutes. So by the time you have waited extra time for the Haruka service and transferred at Tennoji to a loop service, that 15-20 quicker trip isn't any quicker in the long run. And is cost 600-800 yen more.

If it was me, I'd take the Nankai aiport service as earlier suggested. Or the JR airport rapid for 1060 yen, knowing I can just walk up to the platform as there is a service every 15 minutes and I do not need a transfer.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/13 09:14
KIX to Shin-Imamiya is 1,130 by Nankai rapi:t discount ticket, 1,100 with Icoca & Haruka (with connection at Tennoji), 1,060 by regular JR, and 920 by regular Nankai.

To Namba it is mostly the same except that there is no direct JR (regular JR requires a transfer at Shin-Imamiya).

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/13 09:25
the ICOCA & HARUKA is sold for destination to Tennoji and Shin-Osaka with a price differences of 200yen, if I'm to go to ShinImamiya Station or Namba Station which one should I buy.

Well, it depends whether you want to get off the Haruka at Tennoji or at Shin-Osaka. As you can see on Hyperdia or similar, the most efficient of the two is to get off at Tennoji, so if you want to do that, buy a ticket to Tennoji, but if for some reason you want to stay on the Haruka until Shin-Osaka, then buy the one to Shin-Osaka.

Re: value tickets, Tennoji and Shin-Imamiya Sta. 2018/5/13 11:44
KIX to Shin-Imamiya is 1,130 by Nankai rapi:t discount ticket,
1,100 with Icoca & Haruka (with connection at Tennoji)

The Nankai Rapi:t discount ticket is for a ride with your seat reserved.
The JR Haruka discount ticket is for a ride without seat reservation.

transferring at Tennoji is more complicated

Actually it's very simple.
https://www.jr-odekake.net/eki/img/premises/0620831.pdf
Your Haruka train from the airport arrives at Track 17,
and you in most cases can soon catch a Local or (Yamatoji) Rapid train
departing at Track 18 on the other side of the same platform,
which makes a stop at Shin-Imamiya Station.

Nankai Shin-imamiya Station is west next to JR Shin-Imamiya Station.
Depending on where your destination is,
the Nankai station or the JR station would be more convenient.
http://www.nankai.co.jp/library/traffic/station/shinimamiya/images/kou...
https://www.jr-odekake.net/eki/img/premises/0620506.pdf
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/30 22:55
Sorry to post in a old thread, but since we are on the same subject, I might as well post here.

I will be arriving at Kansai at 1350, so I suppose I should get into the city about 1500, and I will be staying near Dobutsuen-Mae Station, so ShinImamiya Station is probably the best station to arrive from KIX.

Checking the details from this thread and the official site, I see various tickets, Kanku Webtoku Ticket 1130 yen, Kanku Tokuwari Rapi:t 1270 yen and Rapi:t Economy Ticket 1090 Yen.
Of the three ticket, the one's mentioned by most members here is the Kanku Webtoku Ticket 1130 yen, but on the official site, it seems like this is a direct train to Namba, correct me if I'm wrong, does this train not stop at ShinImamiya Station, or should I consider the Kanku Tokuwari Rapi:t 1270 yen .

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/31 00:20
Hmm, it's true that the webpage only says "to Namba" but I'd be very surprised if it did not allow getting off at Shin-Imamiya. You can always ask them directly: osaka at geo-nti.co.jp

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/31 00:33
I will probably get the Kanku Tokuwari Rapi:t 1270 yen when I arrive in Japan, a hundred something yen isn't much and the Kanku Webtoku Ticket 1130 yen is only online purchase.

Re: Haruka ticket? ShinImamiya Station? 2018/5/31 21:53
I've sent Nankai an email, they replied and have stated that all Limited Express Rapi:t does stop at Shin-Imamiya.

reply to this thread