Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tatayama-Kurobe Alpine Option Pass question 2018/5/13 07:00
Hi,
For the Tatayama-Kurobe Alpine Option Pass, the web site states it's valid for 5 days. Does this mean 5 days from the day of purchase or from the day of first use? I have not found an answer to this on any of the JR site information brochures. I would like to purchase it when I arrive NRT on May 20, and initiate it's use when I get to the start of the route on May 27th. That's more than 5 days after the purchase - but if the validity is 5 days from the date of first use, then that might be ok?

Thank you!
by LaurelandDarrin  

Re: Tatayama-Kurobe Alpine Option Pass question 2018/5/13 10:05
First day of use.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Tatayama-Kurobe Alpine Option Pass question 2018/5/13 13:00
According to the official webpage
: This ticket is not valid for use on the day of purchase.
: This ticket is valid for 5 consecutive days.
So, it is clear that the 5 days of validity are not counted from the day of purchase.
http://jrtateyama.com/e/
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Tatayama-Kurobe Alpine Option Pass question 2018/5/14 08:07
Hi, just to clarify, I need to know, does the 5 days start the day after I purchase it, or do the 5 days start from the date I validate it at the station? What I need to know, if I buy it when I land in HND on May 19th, and don't use it until May 27th, do my 5 days start on the 27th?

Thank you,
Laurel
by LaurelandDarrin rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket 2018/5/15 20:49
You seem making too much of a simple matter....

On May 19, you purchase your ticket which should be valid from May 27 for 5 days; you specify the first day as May 27.

or do the 5 days start from the date I validate it at the station?

There is no step for a passenger to validate this ticket.
(If validation were necessary, that should be mentioned clearly in every official brochure.)

Note:
This Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket is a one-way ticket, not a pass to let you travel back and forth freely.
Once you start to use your ticket, it does not allow you to go back.

Enjoy your trip!
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread