Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

National Health Insurance Renew? 2018/5/14 03:00
Hi,

I'm currently a student situated in Fukuoka. I arrived Sep 2017 and signed up for my NHI at the city hall where I received payment slips up until Feb. I thought they would send me more payment slips but I did not get anymore and I am staying in the country until late August. I was wondering if I needed to go to the office and sign up for it again or does it renew on it's own? My friends here said they didn't need to go so I was just waiting around until it came but it never did. I also got some kind of form regarding tax information today but I didn't fully understand it (My Japanese is still limited to basic phrases) but I think it did mention something about insurance. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
by M (guest)  

Re: National Health Insurance Renew? 2018/5/14 10:40
This is normal, you will get your new payment slips in due time.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: National Health Insurance Renew? 2018/5/14 11:06
national health insurance: you will receive payment slips about this year. you don't need to take additional paperwork.
some kind of form regarding tax information : if it is sent from city office, it will be a tax declaration form for residential tax.
it depends on your situation.
if you work in part-time, the employer may send your last year income to tax office (national) and the tax information will be sent from tax office to city office to charge residential tax. (no tax form will be sent from city office to you.)
if you don't work last year (no income), no one files your income to tax office and no tax information in city office. in that case, city office sends you a blank form of residential tax filing (the form shows Z or similar words.).
if you don't understand how to write, ask your teacher, administrator, or staff in your school. they will help you. actually, it is easy. write your name, address, birth date, zero at income column, etc. you don't need to know about tax calculation.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: National Health Insurance Renew? 2018/5/16 18:36
Thanks for the replies! I was just a bit worried since it's been a few months since I've last paid and didn't want to be behind on my bills etc in a foreign country! Guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer!
by M (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread