Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visit Beppu, Takachiho, Mt. Aso 2018/5/17 05:00
Hello,
We arrive to Kyushu from Hiroshima by JR and we have just 3 nights... :-(

I saw that the public-transportation information is not updated on the guide.

Can someone recommend the best way to cover the next 3 attractions using public transportation?
- Beppu including the baths and Hell-tour
- Takachiho gorge including the shrine
- Mt. Aso visit.

Regards

by AmirYung  

Re: Visit Beppu, Takachiho, Mt. Aso 2018/5/17 14:08
Beppu is easily accessed. But the others are not by public transport. I would consider car hire.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Beppu, Takachiho, Mt. Aso 2018/5/17 14:23
Google Maps allows you to do this. Takachiho is accessible via bus but I cannot comment on Mt Aso
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Beppu, Takachiho, Mt. Aso 2018/5/17 14:32
I guess if you wanted to see those locations. Asosan and Takachiho arent link by any public transport option.

So stay 3 day at beppu. Sightsee beppu one day. Day two, train to Aso station, then bus to Aso Toursit Centre. Day three, train to Nobeoka, then bus to Takachiho Gorge, taxi to shrine.

Lots of traveling. But that it is what it is due to limited public transport options in central Kyushu.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Beppu, Takachiho, Mt. Aso 2018/5/17 14:40
Lots of traveling. But that it is what it is due to limited public transport options in central Kyushu.

... and it doesn't help that even that limited amound is still disturbed by the effects of various natural disasters that occurred in recent years.

The most sensible base for that plan seems to be Beppu/Oita. Then you can go to Aso station by train, and to Takachiho by bus from Nobeoka a bit further south.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Beppu, Takachiho, Mt. Aso 2018/5/17 15:02
Welcome to my city,Beppu.I am a Foreigner But my university is Located in Beppu.In weekend we visit around Kyushu by sunq northern Kyushu unlimited bus pass=9000 yen For 3 Days.you can consider it.
by Roy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Beppu, Takachiho, Mt. Aso 2018/5/18 08:46
Many thanks, lot's of info.
As it such a tourist attraction, I wonder if there are guide tours getting out from Beppu
It sounds logical that there are organized trips from Beppu all arround, isn't it?

by AmirYung rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Beppu, Takachiho, Mt. Aso 2018/5/18 11:48

Try Beppu Kitahama Bus Center, they have day tours to a number of places :
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place/Kitahama+Bus+Center/@33.2804195,13...
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Beppu, Takachiho, Mt. Aso 2018/5/20 19:26
Thank you all. Nothing in English but I will manage.
BTW, does the JR covers Kyushu? or at least the travel from Hiroshima to Beppu?
by AmirYung rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Beppu, Takachiho, Mt. Aso 2018/5/20 19:47
The Sanyo shinkansen line between Hiroshima and Kokura and the Nippo line between Kokura and Beppu is covered by the JR national passes.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Beppu, Takachiho, Mt. Aso 2018/5/21 11:11
Trains from Beppu to Aso and to Nobeoka are also covered; however the bus from Nobeoka to Takachiho isn't.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread