Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Keisie Skyliner + Subway Pass Worth It? 2018/5/25 22:27
Greeting Japan Guide community!

I'm planning to visit Tokyo for around 5 days mid-June. Our accommodation is very near Nippori station, and so we've decided to take the Keisei Skyliner as our transportation.

What we're curious about is if availing of the Keisei Skyliner + Tokyo Subway Pass is worth the cost. For our trip, we're planning to stay mainly in Tokyo seeing the main sites and others, with maybe a day trip as well (Nikko, Kamakura, etc.).

We'd really appreciate any insight or comments! Especially seeing that the Tokyo Subway Pass package goes from 24h to 72h validity--we got quite curious to see if it's worth to buy

Thanks all!
by Ann MV (guest)  

Re: Keisie Skyliner + Subway Pass Worth It? 2018/5/26 09:02
I don't think so. Especially if you are based around Nippori, you will want to primarily use the Yamanote Line to get around town. However, the pass does not cover the Yamanote Line.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Keisie Skyliner + Subway Pass Worth It? 2018/5/26 11:45
It will depend on your itinerary. For a 72-hour Tokyo Metro Pass to pay off, you need to take the subway at least 8 times in those 72 hours.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Keisie Skyliner + Subway Pass Worth It? 2018/5/26 12:10
Stayed next to Nippori Station a few times. Skyliner very convenient to and fro Narita. As for getting around rest of Tokyo, Yamanote line is more convenient. Depending on your itinerary the pass may pay off. Nearest subway station is Nishi-Nippori which is about 10 minutes walk from Nippori Station.
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Keisie Skyliner + Subway Pass Worth It? 2018/5/26 13:25
In general, I think it is an excellent value. It only costs about 1100 yen over the regular Skyliner ticket, and each subway ride is usually 200-240 yen. So you'll only need 5 or so one-way rides to break even.

My only concern is that from Nippori, you will want to have use of the Yamanote line for convenience, and the subway pass doesn't cover that line (because it's run by JR). To use the subway pass from Nippori, you'll need to walk up the street to Nishi Nippori and use the Chiyoda line and more transfers. That's the only subway line in the area.

So while it is a good deal, it may not be the most convenient from where you are staying. I would probably say skip the pass and get a Suica card at Nippori Station from the machine.
by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Keisie Skyliner + Subway Pass Worth It? 2018/5/26 16:03
Just get the return skyliner ticket, it's better than the Narita express for you location, and a Suica or pasmo rechargeable pass for convenience, that should be enough for you, In the unlikely event you do find out you travel more, and that the 24-72 ticket is better value, it will probably be only a few hundred yen differences, nothing to get upset about, you're on holiday, it's time to spend money, and a few hundred yen isn't much. As most has pointed out the yamanote loop line will probably be used more.
by Kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread