Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snow in Takayama and Shirakawa-Go Dec 2018/5/30 19:26
Hi;
Will there be snow at Takayama and Shirakawa-Go during December Christmas time. I'm planning to visit these two places and I would love to see and feel snow during the visit.

Thanks,
Andrew :)
by Andrewlee2000  

Re: Snow in Takayama and Shirakawa-Go Dec 2018/5/31 12:16
Hi. I think almost certainly in Shirakawa-go and possibly in Takayama. We spent christmas there a few years ago and it started to snow in Takayama around the 22nd December, but when we got to Shirakawa-go a few days later it was like minus 10 and snow a foot deep, with icicles hanging off the buildings.

Shirakawa was very slippery with ice too, so see if you can get decent grippy boots for it. People were falling over all over the place, especially near the bridge.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow in Takayama and Shirakawa-Go Dec 2018/5/31 18:54
If you have already decided to visit in Christmas time, there is a possibility to have snow in Shirakawago.
The Best time with snow is in January or February.
I think there is a light festival in December.

Make sure you really prepare for snow. There are tons of snow in Shirakawago in real winter.
by kkoo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread