Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Highly-Skilled visa: prove exp. outside Japan 2018/6/3 22:00
Hi everyone,

I'm considering applying for changing my visa to "Highly-Skilled Professional" status soon. In order to do that, I need to prove my experience in the field outside Japan. The documentation states how to do it as below:

"A document proving the period during which the applicant has engaged in the duties that he / she intends to engage in as highly-qualified foreign professional and the details of such duties (a document prepared by the organization to which he / she belonged) "

A Japanese friend called immigration asking more details about this, but they replied her that they don't know anything about the contents/language/format of this document as their work there is just to pick it up! (!!!)

Has anybody done this before? Should this document be in the company original language/English + a Japanese translation or is it OK just in English? In case that a translation is needed, should it be a certified translation?

Thanks!
by svd (guest)  

Re: Highly-Skilled visa: prove exp. outside Japan 2018/6/11 09:50
Up! Would be something like this enough?

https://dent-sweden.com/study-abroad/certificate-of-employment

I found somewhere that all the documentation provided should be in Japanese (or at least translated) but this is confusing. If it is that important why don't they point it in the HSP application instructions? Also, in case of needing to attach a translation, should it be necessarily from a certified translator?
by svd (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Highly-Skilled visa: prove exp. outside Japan 2018/6/11 14:52
I do not know what is difficult.
You need to provide a work history outside japan.

You have to ask official work history from your former employer and this document has to be translated, by a regonized translater.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Highly-Skilled visa: prove exp. outside Japan 2018/6/19 10:30
I do not know what is difficult.

The "difficult thing" is that there's no information about the translations, or at least, I haven't found any official document pointing that they are required, less still that they have to be done by an official translator.

I would appreciate if you indicate me where can I find that info.
by svd (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Highly-Skilled visa: prove exp. outside Japan 2018/6/19 11:27
this kind of documents can be in any format

just confirmation letter from your formal company with company letter heading ,stamped and sign . stating :
1, your fullname:
2, date of birth
3, address
4, if possible nationality and passort number
5, Work DURATION : 2000/2/12 to 2020 /2/15

can prove it with your with your old tax papers and salary slip.bank statement .

by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Highly-Skilled visa: prove exp. outside Japan 2018/6/19 11:29
this kind of documents can be in any format

just confirmation letter from your formal company with company letter heading ,stamped and sign . stating :
1, your fullname:
2, date of birth
3, address
4, if possible nationality and passort number
5, Work DURATION : 2000/2/12 to 2020 /2/15
6, JOB description and position

can prove it with your with your old tax papers and salary slip.bank statement .

by chike20 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread