Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takkyubin Delayed at destination 2018/6/18 01:36
I would like to use that great service as I will attend many places, but not sure about the limitations.

1. Is it possible to deliver to any hotel?

2. Is it possible to ask that the luggage will wait on the destination few days before we arrive there? how do I know the destination hotel agree to that?

3. How do I know if the destination location support delivery? should I call each of them?

4. What about low budget like hostels, guesthouses, Minshuku? is it safe?

5. In case destination place does not support delivery, where can I find English-list of Transport Sales Offices or TA-Q-BIN Agencies?

by AmirYung  

Re: Takkyubin Delayed at destination 2018/6/18 13:59
Since you asked generalized questions. I'll give you generalized answers.

You need to visit hotels website or phone them to see if the accept luggage delivery.

You can contact the lugguge delivery companies for their delivery zones.

You can select up to seven days in advance a date for you luggage to be delivered.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takkyubin Delayed at destination 2018/6/20 07:43
1. Is it possible to deliver to any hotel?
It is possible to deliver to most of the hotels in Japan.
Lots of Japanese tourist and businessman uses taqbin to deliver to hotel or ryokan to travel light.
Tourist mostly sends their souvenir back to their home in Japan because they would like to bring back lots of souvenirs they cannot bring them back, so they have enough souvenier to present when they are back home and give it to their friends or neighbors.
Ryokan and Hotels positively accept the delivery to home.
Also, Businessman will send their work-related items to a hotel, so they will be able to join the business meeting with their work necessary items.

2. Is it possible to ask that the luggage will wait on the destination few days before we arrive there? how do I know the destination hotel agree to that?

I have done to ask hotels or ryokan to keep my luggage.
Even e few days before arrival has been allowed in most hotels.
Usually, I email or call them. First I email in English, then wait. If there is no answer, I call them.
When I did not speak Japanese, I asked my colleagues to call for me.

3. How do I know if the destination location support delivery? should I call each of them?

You should call or email them to confirm receiving the delivery item.
If you are planning to buy online, the payment has to be done online.
Otherwise, the hotel will not receive it for you. They only receive or send them to your home.
You can simply ask them if they are supportive to use Taqbin service because Taqbin is the most necessary for Japanese life nowadays because of online shopping.

4. What about low budget like hostels, guesthouses, Minshuku? is it safe?
If you talk about safe in Japan, it is safe.
Those accommodation are safe however space limited. so you better confirm them first before you use taqbin service.

5. In case destination place does not support delivery, where can I find English-list of Transport Sales Offices or TA-Q-BIN Agencies?

Call them to find the nearest taqbin agencies.
+81-(0)3-6757-1061
(9:00am to 6:00pm, 365 days a year)

toll-free: 0120-17-9625

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/ytc/en/center/servicecenter_list.html

If you are going to send, family mart or seven eleven also support delivery.
Simply bring your delivery package to those convenience stores. There are a bunch of them all over Japan nowadays.

by yyy1 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takkyubin Delayed at destination 2018/6/20 21:59
Thank you all.
by AmirYung rate this post as useful

reply to this thread