Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using the Three-star Route Ticket? 2018/6/28 01:42
Greetings,

During my trip, I'll get to Matsumoto from Tokyo by train on October 8th. In the afternoon, I'm leaving for Kamikochi, where I'll spend the night. On October 9th I'm going to Takayama, on October 10th to Shirakawa-go and October 11th to Kanazawa.

Apparently, that fits PERFECTLY with the Three-star Route Ticket, since it lasts 4 days and covers exactly that path.

But I've gotta say I'm having a hard time understanding how it works. Can I make those stops with this ticket? Where do I buy it? And how do these seat reservations work?

Thank you.
by Alex (guest)  

Re: Using the Three-star Route Ticket? 2018/6/28 12:49
Can I make those stops with this ticket?

You can stop at Hirayu onsen, Takayama, Shirakawago, and Kanazawa. You must buy a round trip ticket from Hirayu onsen to Kamikochi (2050 yen).

Where do I buy it?

At Matsumoto bus terminal.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Matsumoto+Bus+Terminal/@36.2301061,1...

And how do these seat reservations work?

From Matsumoto to Hirayu onsen to Takayama, you don't need to reserve. I am not sure whether you can still reserve seats. Please ask at the Matsumoto bus terminal when you purchase the ticket. From Takayama to Shirakawago and then to Kanazawa, reservation is required for the highway section. I think you can reserve at Matsumoto, but after Takayama it is not the Alpico bus territory so you might have to reserve at Takayama bus center of Nohi bus.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Takayama+Nohi+Bus+Center/@36.1418571...
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Using the Three-star Route Ticket? 2018/6/29 00:21
Thank you very much.

So I can reserve the seat just a few days before, right? That's what I was the most in doubt, from all I had read it seemed that I had to reserve it online a month before, so the pass wouldn't work.

So I'll try reserving it when I buy the pass at Matsumoto, if I can't do it there, I'll try when I get to Takayama.

It's sad it doesn't cover the round-trip to Kamikochi, but oh well, at least it helps.
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread