Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

12 days Osaka Kyoto with tween and elderly 2018/7/2 11:38
Hello. I'm planning a 12D 11N trip to Osaka and the vicinity in December. Would be grateful for some tips on the itinerary, including suggestions on the number of days to spend in each city, as well as tips on accommodation/transport/food/onsen.

As I've covered Tokyo/Hakone/Kamakura/Izu Peninsula on a previous trip, for this trip I'd like to focus on the areas near Osaka, e.g. Kyoto, Nara, Kobe and Himeji. I have a 12 year-old and a 76-year old with me on the trip and would be grateful for advice on places that would be suitable for both.

I've considered Hiroshima, but if there is enough to fill 12 days closer to Osaka, I would prefer to leave the Hiroshima area for another trip.

If you have some experience in these areas, would you please share your thoughts with me? Thank you very much!
by qfam  

Re: 12 days Osaka Kyoto with tween and elderly 2018/7/2 12:10
If you can leave Hiroshima for another trip. The Kansai region offers enough for 12 days. Or you could add in Kanazawa and Takayama depending on interests.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 12 days Osaka Kyoto with tween and elderly 2018/7/2 12:13
Hi. We took my mother over a few years back and out of those areas by far her favorite (and ours has tended to be I suppose) was Nara. I'd spend a few nights there, maybe a night at Uji, a night at Hikone, maybe a night at Kobe and Himeji? Then I'd spend all of the rest at Kyoto and give Osaka a miss, but then I'm not really a big city fan.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 12 days Osaka Kyoto with tween and elderly 2018/7/2 13:48
It depends on your interests, but I would divide up 12D/11N roughly as follows:
5N - Kyoto (from where you can visit Nara as a day trip);
3N - Osaka;
3N - Kobe (from where you can visit Himeji as a day trip).

Try to find accommodations near train stations.
by miyako (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 12 days Osaka Kyoto with tween and elderly 2018/7/21 22:25
Thank you all very much for your helpful inputs.
by qfam rate this post as useful

Re: 12 days Osaka Kyoto with tween and elderly 2018/7/22 01:24
Bear in mind that Sannomiya station is more in the centre of Kobe than Kobe station itself.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: 12 days Osaka Kyoto with tween and elderly 2018/7/22 09:50
Thanks for your response.

My itinerary is now like this:
5N Kyoto
2N Nara
1N Kobe (1/2 day trip Himeji)
1N Arima Onsen
2N Osaka

For Kobe, I have booked accommodation near Sannomiya station. In Kobe, I plan to have a Kobe beef meal and visit a sake brewery museum.

I also need help to figure out transport from Kobe to Arima Onsen, then from Arima Onsen to Osaka (near Tennoji station, where my next accommodation is).

I would be grateful for any advice.

by qfam rate this post as useful

reply to this thread