Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

best beachside in Japan 2018/7/3 08:50
HI!
i am living here for a while and still i coult not find a nice beach side in japan(beside okinawa)
somebody can you suggest me nice beach side in Japan?honestly in kansai aera the seaside is not so nice for swimming...i heard about shirahama in wakayama,is it suitable there for swimking and relax??
i am waiting for your suggestions.

by hiroi  

Re: best beachside in Japan 2018/7/3 11:24
What does "best" mean, exactly?
What do you want to do there? Sunbathe? Snorkel? Surfing?

Have you tried the Satsunan Islands like Amami Oshima? Or Yurigahama in Yoron, Kikugahama in Yamaguchi, or Yuigahama in Kamakura? There are plenty of others.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: best beachside in Japan 2018/7/3 14:25
Heaps in Miyazaki and Kagoshima.

Some west of Fukuoka.

Many long the Kure train line south east of Hiroshima.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: best beachside in Japan 2018/7/3 15:02
I love the beaches of eastern Mexico, Thailand, the Mediterranean, the Aegean, and of course Okinawa, and I can still say that I love the beaches of Setonaikai, as far as Kansai area is concerned. I haven't swam in many of them, but so far I loved southern Awaji Island in Hyogo-ken and southern Nakajima in Ehime-ken. The color is not as pretty because of the type of sea water, but the clarity, the safe and calm waves, the few users, and beautiful litter-free pebble beaches are among my favorites in the world. I've never been to Nanki-Shirahama that you're talking about, but it always looks so beautifully blue from air-craft windows.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: best beachside in Japan 2018/7/3 15:16
As a former resident of Kansai (Osaka and Kyoto), I would say many people will go north to the beaches of Fukui prefecture. I don't say it is the best in Japan, but it is rather convenient and the water is relatively clear. You can easily find "Kaisuiyoku bus" for day trip or an overnight trip.

https://www.sunshinetour.co.jp/natsutabi/wakasa/index.html
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: best beachside in Japan 2018/7/3 17:23
It is not seaside beach, but it is scenery and you can swim and good convenience of access from Osaka.

https://www.tripadvisor.jp/Attraction_Review-g298202-d12182795-Reviews...
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: best beachside in Japan 2018/7/4 09:07
Shirahama is a beach resort town - my staff were there recently (for a second time) and thought it was pretty good.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread