Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Am I Japanese now? 2018/7/13 10:55
I just saw my name in official gazette Š¯•ñ. Also, I got a call for returning my permanent resident card and getting new document to make my Japanese family register. Does is make me officially Japanese?
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Am I Japanese now? 2018/7/13 17:20
Creating that family registration is the final step, so you are 99.99% there. Congratulations!
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Am I Japanese now? 2018/7/13 17:22
Although many will say that nothing will ever make you 100% accepted as a fellow Japanese citizen.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Am I Japanese now? 2018/7/13 17:58
Yes, once you are in the official gazette you are officially a Japanese citizen. For real. Congratulations to you!

Although many will say that nothing will ever make you 100% accepted as a fellow Japanese citizen.
Is that coming from someone in the USA? Guess you have fixed all your problems out there...
by T.S. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Am I Japanese now? 2018/7/14 06:04
I'm just saying, many Japanese people will never 100% accept a foreigner as one of them, no matter how long they stay there or how completely they acclimate. There's no end to stories from people who were always treated as the odd man out, even after many years.

Re: Am I Japanese now? 2018/7/14 06:40
And that is also true for anyone, native born Japanese included, who moves to a new location, joins a new company, etc., etc. Some of those there before, but not all of course, will think they are better, different, etc. If you worry about such things, the problem is yours - not theirs.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Am I Japanese now? 2018/7/14 07:44
I agree with Paul.
Gregalor, you should not confuse legal matter with socio-cultural matter.
Mr. Guest is now 100 % Japanese legally.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Am I Japanese now? 2018/7/14 17:08
Never said he wasn't, on paper.

Re: Am I Japanese now? 2018/7/14 21:10
yes, you are.
getting a koseki is the certificate that you are a Japanese.
after you get a Japanese nationality, you have to do the final step that you abandon your original nationality, because Japan does not accept dual nationality.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread