Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kurobe Gorge train stops 2018/7/17 10:09
How long does the Kurobe Gorge train stop at each of the stations? Is there enough time to walk around and see the sights of the area? Is the stop at the end (Keyakidaira) enough time or should a reservation be made on a later train to return to Unazuki?
by lily choy (guest)  

Re: Kurobe Gorge train 2018/7/17 14:27
As in most cases of short train rides in Japan,
a Kurobe Gorge Railway ticket does not allow you to get outside ticket gates.
When you plan to do sightseeing around a station,
you should purchase separate tickets to travel to and from the station.
http://www.kurotetu.co.jp/en/fare/index.html
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Kurobe Gorge train stops 2018/7/17 14:27
The train only stop enough time to do its thing. If it arrives early. You may have a few minutes.

You need to decide which stopd you want and how much time you need. And book your tickets accordingly.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kurobe Gorge train stops 2018/7/17 16:01
Thank you omotenashi and hakata14 for your answers. From what I read on how to make reservations, if I want to get off anywhere between Unazuki and Keyakidaira, I would have to buy my tickets on that day. If I want to make reservations online ahead of time, only straight through tickets can be bought. So I can take a later train from Keyakidaira back to Unazuki. Is this correct? Also, is there a picnic area around the Keyakidaira station where we can eat a bento lunch?
Again, thank you very much for all your help.
by lilychoy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kurobe Gorge train stops 2018/7/18 16:22
Yes, it is a good idea to bring along a bento box for lunch, because there is very little choice of restaurants at Keyakidaira.
by Green Tea Latte rate this post as useful

reply to this thread