Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Small Tours (half day) 2018/8/3 18:33
I was wondering if there are any other tour groups like Magical Trip who do short 2-3 hour or half day tours? Most tour groups are multi day things which sort accommodation etc which is cool but not what I'm looking for. I have most of my itinerary sorted but would be interested in exploring further in a small group with a local guide.

I'm going to be based in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Fukuoka but as I'm going on day trips suggestions for elsewhere are welcome.
by moonangelica (guest)  

Re: Small Tours (half day) 2018/8/4 16:14
Yes, what you're looking for is plentiful. There's almost no end to several-hour tours available if you search around.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Small Tours (half day) 2018/8/4 18:13
You may refer to the website below:
https://triplelights.com/
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Small Tours (half day) 2018/8/4 20:26
@ Hirohiroboy thanks! That's just the sort of thing I'm looking for :)

@ Gregalor I figured there were however I'm clearly useless with google as my searches are only turning up the larger tour operations. Are there any links or recommendations you can give me?
by moonangelica (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Small Tours (half day) 2018/8/5 08:51
Even the large companies do 1/2 day tours, and there are the Goodwill Guide Groups that can provide guides in many places. Some of the "free"guides are also around for places like Tokyo.

The Maricar tours - I see them often, and I know what the traffic is like, not really that safe and their accident record is pretty bad. 50 reported accidents in a year isn't a good safety record.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Small Tours (half day) 2018/8/7 09:32
Dont know why my post was removed (im not advertising maricar), but JapanCistomTours thats fine if YOU dont think its safe, Im just answering the OPfs question because maricar does SHORT tours.

The tours are for the most part safe (i have personally done it 3 times).

The downside is the costumes, when its summer you will definitely feel heat.
by Guesto (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Small Tours (half day) 2018/8/7 09:59
https://www.kdtour.org/

If you are near Haneda Airport there are half day tour with local guide and they can arrange tour also.
by Mikiho (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Small Tours (half day) 2018/8/7 12:11
@ Guesto - not sure why your post was removed either. Yes, it is an opinion, but their accident reports are in the news and 50 in a year is a lot of accidents IMO.
I was talking to someone recently - their friend did the tour and found the first half fun, but the second half tiring. Different people like different things.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Small Tours (half day) 2018/8/7 14:19
@ JapanCustomTours Thanks for the link to SGG. I found the Kyoto Artisian tours through it which is right up my alley. I'm definitely going to look into it further. Regarding the larger tour groups, they did all seem to require you to have organised your accommodation etc through them to get access to their short tours - although again maybe my googling is just crap ^_^;

@ Guesto Thanks for the rec for Maricart, unfortunately I don't have my license haha. Regarding the deletion, maybe it's because of the accidental double post?

@ Mihiko Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I'm coming and going by Narita so it might be a bit out of my way :)
by moonangelica (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread