Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Finding a guide 2018/8/3 19:09
Currently I am saving to go back to Japan around 2020-2021 for 1 month with my daughter.
I am interested in how I can find a person who can accompany us for half a day to one day in Kyoto to do some translation for us.
I would like to visit some traditional craftsman and make photographs of them making their crafts.
I would prefer a local from Kyoto who knows where to find traditional craftsmen who can translate for me.

Although it seems far away, I already am planning some things far ahead.

Regards,
Marcel
by marcel1966  

Re: Finding a guide 2018/8/4 16:04
http://waraido.com/customize/index.html

They also have a 5 hour walking tour that you can just show up for, which takes you to quite a few craft shops. When I went on the tour, we saw people making paper fans, glazing pottery, and making candy. You could do this for much less money.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Finding a guide 2018/8/5 15:55
Hi Gregalor and Sugarhead Osaka,

Thank you both for your replys. I appreciate it very much and I will explore the options you have suggested and check the websites.
Although it is 2 years away, time flies and I like to plan ahead, so thanks again for your quick response.

Regards,
Marcel
by marcel1966 rate this post as useful

Re: Finding a guide 2018/8/5 19:01
You can try Google for voluteer guide in Kyoto, they do have this service around Japan, they are completely free of charge, you just pay for their food, travel cost and entry fee if any.
by Kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Finding a guide 2018/8/5 20:45
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Finding a guide 2018/8/6 22:33
Hi KMS,
Thank you for your information.
I will look into that as well.

Regards,
Marcel
by marcel1966 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread