Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reservation for Shinjuku-Lake Kawaguchiko Bus 2018/8/24 17:46
I will be travelling to Tokyo next April with my family. There are a total of 5 adults.
I plan to buy the 3-day Fuji Hakone Pass and take the bus to Lake Kawaguchiko on the morning of arrival in Japan.

Will I get the seats for the bus on the same day of purchase as the pass or do I have to make a reservation for the bus seats beforehand? How do I make the reservation for the bus?
by Kelvin Yap (guest)  

Re: Reservation for Shinjuku-Lake Kawaguchiko Bus 2018/8/24 22:58
Hi Kelvin,

I would recommend that you reserve the seat before arriving. In April, trip to Kawaguchiko tends to be more popular and bus tickets might run out because of Cherry blossom season.

Reservation can be made at https://highway-buses.jp/
Once booked, they will reserve it for you and no payment is needed until the day at the counter when booking reference id is presented. Flip side would be you cant choose the seats, its randomized. So if you are lucky and get to book the morning bus, the best seat would be considered on the left side of the bus. You could see Mount Fuji as the bus makes its way to Kawaguchiko station.

The bus terminal is at Shinjuku bus terminal, its a street away from JR Shinjuku (if i didnt remember wrongly)

Another thing would be checkout the schedule one month before the day you plan to go. Schedules are only release 1 month before.

Good luck and hope you get to see Mount Fuji!
by kaikaii88 rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation for Shinjuku-Lake Kawaguchiko Bus 2018/8/25 01:55
Flip side would be you cant choose the seats, its randomized.

While you cannot choose your seats,
there is a step to express your preferences regarding the seat location.

Will I get the seats for the bus on the same day of purchase as the pass

Maybe you can, but I recommend making a reservation in advance.

When in April will you travel?

In April 2019,
popular sightseeing spots in Japan may be crowded
in the weekends (until the 21st)
and from the 27th, the beginning of so-called "Golden Week" days.

Enjoy your trips!
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation for Shinjuku-Lake Kawaguchiko Bus 2018/8/25 03:53
Depending on which airport and time of arrival, there may be a direct bus from the airport to Kawaguchiko, if you are interested.
by 3K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation for Shinjuku-Lake Kawaguchiko Bus 2018/8/26 13:15
Thanks for your advice. I have another question.

Reservation can be made at https://highway-buses.jp/
Once booked, they will reserve it for you and no payment is needed until the day at the counter when booking reference id is presented.

What happen if I make a reservation on the website and then present my Fuji Hakone Pass. Do I still have to make payment for the bus reservation, or it is covered by the Fuji Hakone Pass?
by Kelvin Yap (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread