Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rugby World Cup 2019 accommodation 2018/8/28 13:10
Ifve booked a few games to the 2019 rugby World Cup in japan in various cities but when Ifve gone to look at accommodation most hotels are saying they are fully booked already!!
Is this because they are actually completely reserved (despite being 14 months in advance) or could it be because itfs too early to book hotels?
Help!!
by Megan (guest)  

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 accommodation 2018/8/28 17:14
Too early
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 accommodation 2018/8/28 18:06
Which booking sites are you looking at? Which city?

A lot of sites I have used only seem to have hotels available for about 6 months in advance (agoda,booking.com etc have longer in my experience).
by Johan2121 rate this post as useful

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 accommodation 2018/8/28 18:09
Ifve been on TripAdvisor and Booking.com which will allow you to search October 2019 but still lists the hotels as sold out. Ifm mostly looking at Tokyo as the finals will be here so I figure this will be the busiest. Other sites like hotelscombined and wotif donft show the second half of 2019 yet.
by Megan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 accommodation 2018/8/29 10:10
Hi Megan,
We also have tickets for several RWC games, and I have been in touch with several companies that have short term apartments for rent. They have come back to me saying it is too early, some take them a year out, others like the hotels are 6 months out. One serviced apartment company said they will contact me as soon as the booking time comes available, but I think you just have to be alert and try every month to see if the bookings go through. Friends of ours have booked with a tour group and they are allocating hotels already, but I noticed they were very big hotels with a lot of beds. Hotels adjacent near the large stadiums like Yokohama will definitely book out fast.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 accommodation 2018/8/29 10:20
Thank you so much 🙌🏼
Thatfs what I was hoping to hear! The packages were too expensive for us so we were just going to do it all independently so I will keep checking back in the next few months.
Enjoy the games!
by Megan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 accommodation 2018/8/30 10:02
Most hotels only release rooms for sale three or six months in advance. Some booking sites do make rooms available further out, but not usually more than a year.
For comparison, I think airlines only let you book 355 days in advance, so something similar.

TL;DR - too early.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 accommodation 2018/10/8 20:05
Whilst a little behind the game on this vexed topic, somewhat encouraged by what I have read thus far which seems to mirror my own experience in researching hotels for Yokohama. An awful lot are coming up 'sold out' which can't be right. I have been trying on and off for a couple of months now albeit I'm looking for rooms at the end of October for the two semi finals.
I'm going to persist in the hope the dates will fall open towards the end of this month for October 2019.
by mike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 accommodation 2018/10/26 00:06
Think it's a bit too early for October 2019 booking. For example my next Japan trip in February 2019, I was seeing limited or no booking available some 10 months in advance for my planned destinations. Anyway got most places booked last months ie about 6 months in advance. I use Booking.com most of the times and sometimes Agoda when bookings not available on Booking.com or better pricing/types of room.
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 accommodation 2018/10/26 05:42
Hi, We have tickets for Oita as well, and we have decided to try for accommodation at Fukuoka., where there is a much greater selection. Its only 2 1/2 hrs train ride from Fukuoka to Oita, and if you are using a JR Pass you can catch the JR train. Other than that, Beppu is not far away.
I do think the tour parties have hooked some of the accommodation but as a previous poster has said, Japanese hotels often don't allow booking until 3-6 months ahead.
As well, we've just been able to purchase for Air NZ tickets direct flights into Haneda, so think now that its under a year, different options will be coming available.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 accommodation 2018/10/26 09:48
Another bigger place along the train line to Fukuoka (Hakata Station) is Kitakyushu (Kokura Station) which is about 90 minutes from Oita. Last train to Kokura / Hakata currently is 9:43pm if it fits your timing.

Also there are quite a number of hotels around Kokura and are definitely cheaper than those around Hakata.
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread