Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rejoining National Health Insurance 2018/9/7 11:31
Hi,

I was a MSc student for 2 years before joining a JP company after graduating. During that time we (both myself and my wife) were enrolled to NHI and paid our premiums on time.

Since I joined a JP company (Oct 2017), I got both of enrolled to the company's health insurance scheme (CHI) and quit NHI after submitting the necessary documentation in Dec 2018. She was unemployed then so it was no issue.

She recently started working in a International company as a Part time employee (from Jul 2018). During the review of my CHI this month, my company stated that she will be not-eligible to stay with the CHI in the future/very soon since she exceeds the Maximum annual income level of 1.3 Mn Yen

Now they are suggesting me to take steps to enroll her to NHI and they will pay back her premium contribution to me (and I will have to pay my employer any contribution/ 70% they have paid on behalf of my wife as I understood)

My questions are

1. "whether it is possible to enroll my wife back to NHI backdating July 2018 ?". I have no problem in paying the premium for the lapsed 2 months.

2. What will happen to the contribution/ 70% my employer has paid ? is it correct what I understood. (Does it mean that I have to pay my employer that amount and claim from NHI if they allow back date or will it have to borne by me?)

Thanking you in advance
by VAS (guest)  

Re: Rejoining National Health Insurance 2018/9/7 15:47
"is it correct what I understood."
No.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rejoining National Health Insurance 2018/9/7 16:36
the employer (your company ) did not pay such money.
the company only takes care paperwork of joining and quitting, and collecting fees, which are withdrawn from your monthly salary.
if you want to remove her name from a dependent of health insurance, you do that on today's date, because it is still uncertain that her income exceeds the limit. (there is a possibility that she quits the job.)
if her monthly income is large enough (works more than 30 hours per week), she can join her company's insurance.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rejoining National Health Insurance 2018/9/7 16:39
Thank you Ken
by VAS (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread