Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice on current situation (Jebi / Weather) 2018/9/8 04:32
Hello,

We will be traveling to Japan on the 16th and were wondering if we should change our itinerary.
We are mostly worried because of the warnings we found on this site:
https://www.jma.go.jp/en/warn/index.html

We are mostly worried about our stay in Nara, Kyoto, Takayama and the Kiso Valley.
For example we were planning on a hike from Magome to Tsumago, is this still doable?

Last time I went to Japan I went in the same period and did a lot of hiking, but we are not sure if this is still an option with all the warnings for rain, flooding and landslides.

Thanks in advance!

our itinerary is as follows:

17 Nara
18 Kyoto
19 Kyoto
20 Kyoto
21 Takayama (via Shirakawa)
22 Takayama (day trip to Kamikochi)
23 Nagiso (stay in kiso valley)
24 Tokyo (via kiso valley)
25 Tokyo
26 Tokyo (nikko)
27 Izu
28 Osaka
29 Himeji
30 Imabari
01 Onomichi
02 Tsuwano
03 Tsuwano
04 Miyajima
05 Kyoto
06 Kansai
by goossens86  

Re: Advice on current situation (Jebi / Weather) 2018/9/8 11:38
Of all the places you visit, only Kansai Airport is still affected by the various recent disasters. But I think that flight operation should normalize in 1-2 weeks (and some local trains between Hiroshima and Onomichi won't be running until mid October, but you can use the shinkansen instead).

The warnings currently found on the JMA website are just for "regular", strong rain. Nothing to worry about.

All the other places are open as usual.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread