Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Current situation Kansai 2018/9/8 13:07
I know similar things have been asked quite often in the last couple days, but I still want to ask for some advice. I am currently in Japan and plan to visit the Kansai region next week. I have booked a temple stay on Koyasan on the 13th and then actually planned to go to Yunomine Onsen by bus from there. With the current disruption I am a bit worried if I should go or cancel my two bookings over there. I know it's difficult to get any feedback and I have read all the information on this website and follow the news closely, but can anyone advise me of how long it might take to get the cable car restored and if there are any roads closed down to Yunomine so bus service (especially regarding the Koyasan Kumano access bus) might be disrupted? I can only cancel my bookings for free prior to the 12th so I don't know what to do and if I should change my plans. Thanks a lot in advance!
by Momo (guest)  

Re: Current situation Kansai 2018/9/8 16:24
I live in Osaka.So I don't know detailed.
But I search web,that area is very confused.
↓Kouyasan link
http://www.hongu.jp/information/台風20号・21号による熊野古道等の状況について/
by Hiro2532 rate this post as useful

Re: Current situation Kansai 2018/9/8 17:27
I can only speak a little English.So I will speak in Google Translate.
I tried to explore in a bit more detail.
The cable car don't seem to be restored.There is a bus or a taxi instead.
Maybe you can go to Koyasan and Yunomine hot spring,but you may not be able to receive enough services.Some hot spring have a rest.
There are many places where Kumano Kodo can not pass either.And I don't know you can stay in a temple.
If you are anxious, I can ask to temple instead.

by Hiro2532 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread