Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Weather Forecast Oct 2018 2018/9/9 01:09
I will be travelling to Hiroshima and Tokyo in early Oct 2018. With the recent heatwave and current typhoon, I wonder if Japan's weather will be affected?

The last few years saw lower temperatures and dry days in October, which was why I booked my tickets during this season. However, now it seems that it will be raining in October a lot? Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, was wondering what are the chances of me seeing autumn leaves. Was wondering if I could get lucky haha, but seems unlikely with these droughts and storms.
by hachi (guest)  

Re: Weather Forecast Oct 2018 2018/9/9 12:33
I will be travelling to Hiroshima and Tokyo in early Oct 2018. With the recent heatwave and current typhoon, I wonder if Japan's weather will be affected?

The weather can be accurately predicted for 2-7 days in advance depending on the weather situation. Anything beyond that tends to be inaccurate. October is usually a nice time to visit Japan.

However, now it seems that it will be raining in October a lot?

Where do you get such information from? Japan's long-term forecast expects average amounts of rainfall for most of the country for October, but these long-term forecasts are not very accurate.

Also, was wondering what are the chances of me seeing autumn leaves. Was wondering if I could get lucky haha, but seems unlikely with these droughts and storms.

The past storms and droughts (was there one in Japan? ) won't have any effect on the autumn colors. Here is the average timing of the autumn colors:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014_when.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread