Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Real time info on disrupted/delayed trains? 2018/9/12 16:50
I have a question regarding the hyperdia time table: Apparently it does not take into account suspended/disrupted/delayed services, at least I could still find the connection between Kansai Airport and Osaka, which has been destroyed by the recent typhoon. Is there any source of information on the web that shows the real-time situation? I know that JR West and others have general information on their websites but this only says "disrupted" without mentioning if it applies to one train, the whole line, if it is permanent or transient etc.
It appears that many lines are directly affected by the recent natural desasters - and there are more than those mentioned on japan guide! Nevertheless, japan guide is still one of the most reliable and comprehensive sources of information.
by HoVo  

Re: Real time info on disrupted/delayed trains? 2018/9/13 15:35
JR west website has very good info. Since these train lines are currently closed with no eta for reopening, they show no specific info.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Real time info on disrupted/delayed trains? 2018/9/13 16:07
Thank you very much, hakata, for your input, but the status on disrupted services on the JR west website for specific lines is changing by the hour. Maybe there is more specific information on the Japanese part of the website but the English version is very limited. My question was if there is a website where I can find real-time information on train delays etc..
by HoVo rate this post as useful

Re: Real time info on disrupted/delayed trains? 2018/9/13 21:55
the answer is simple. they can't say when they can fix it.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Real time info on disrupted/delayed trains? 2018/9/13 23:36
But this was not my question - which is simple, too: Where do I find real-time information on delayed trains? From every journey to Japan to the next we had more train delays (I am not talking about the Shinkansen which is extremely punctual) and it is getting increasingly difficult to calculate reliable connections to remote places. Since the delays are displayed on the platform, it should be no problem to provide this information also online.

Re: Real time info on disrupted/delayed trains? 2018/9/14 00:35
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Real time info on disrupted/delayed trains? 2018/9/14 08:21
it is a matter of different opinions.
what I want to know, when trains delay, is that the traffic is getting better (be improved) or worse (more delay).
if you look at the display at train station platform, delay information of a specific train is not accurate. those are extremely vague information.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Real time info on disrupted/delayed trains? 2018/9/14 09:12
Though this site is Japanese version, I use this site to get information about train delay.
I don't know you could get it using translator.
https://ekitan.com/tinfo/3/004/00040064.shtml
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Real time info on disrupted/delayed trains? 2018/9/14 09:58
Delays of more than 30 minutes may be advised. For the area you are in, search for things like "JRWest status" or "JREast status" and you can quite quickly get to the information page. Become familiar with these before you arrive as that saves time working out what the content looks like. And, don't kid yourself, shinkansen delays and disruptions occur as well.

Some delays just happen and are never recorded. Others, the information in the voice announcements, in train displays or on the internet vary. I've had two delays this week, one was a simple stop with an eventual resumption of service, the other was a 20 minute hold-up, but with trains every 5 minutes it didn't make any real difference.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Real time info on disrupted/delayed trains? 2018/9/14 20:59
Thanks a lot. These links are really helpful!

reply to this thread