Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

winter tires 2018/9/13 01:42
KIX-Nagoya-Matsumoto-Nakano-Toyama, will i need snow tires on this route (first week of January)?
Going to use Toll free roads
by Natulik  

Re: winter tires 2018/9/13 12:17
probably, Yes.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: winter tires 2018/9/13 15:30
Chains too...
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: winter tires 2018/9/13 21:38
Ok, thanks for respond. Next question, how can i get Toyama from KIX airport without snow tires in January? Which route is possible? (Toll free roads)
by Natulik rate this post as useful

Re: winter tires 2018/9/13 22:18
none.
Toyama,•xŽR, is snowy area in winter. Nagano (I think you made miss-typing) and Matsumoto are too.
even if someone brings your car (with normal tire) to Toyama by a carrier car (with snow tire), you can't drive your car with normal tire, because Toyama (and other areas) is often very snowy in winter. you have to prepare for unexpected heavy snow. (i. e. I think that all cars in Toyama wear snow tires in winter !)
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: winter tires 2018/9/13 23:36
People who arenft experienced winter drivers tend to think that putting snow tires on a car takes away all the trickiness and danger of driving on slippery roads. The truth is, snow tires give you a little added traction, but if you donft already know how to drive on snow and ice, you shouldnft attempt to learn in a foreign country on a (toll-free!) network of roads you have never seen before, and likely in a car that you arenft used to driving. It isnft just your own life that you are putting at risk.
by Grumpy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: winter tires 2018/9/14 13:03
9 months of the year there is no show. Rebook your holiday for those months.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread