Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lowest cost way to book plane ticket? 2018/9/18 10:51
Hi there, I have been doing researches, and a plane ticket from Ohio to Tokyo costs at least one thousand dollars! This is absolutely not okay for my budget and what do you guys do to control your international air fare cost down to around 300-400 dollars?
by columbusohio  

Re: Lowest cost way to book plane ticket? 2018/9/19 10:28
Considering the distance (and the available airlines) US$1,000 sounds normal. I don't think there is any alternative in that low price range that you are asking for.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lowest cost way to book plane ticket? 2018/9/19 10:34
I pay around $2300-2800 for my 4 flights each trip. If I were you, I'd save enough money until you can afford to go to Japan on something other than a shoe-string budget. If that takes you a decade, so be it.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Lowest cost way to book plane ticket? 2018/9/19 10:43
Cheapest I've seen is on Chinese carriers that connect through Beijing with LONG layovers. I've seen some of those around $500, but they are like 30h travel time end to end. $800-1000 is typical for a U.S. or Japanese carrier and it just varies based on date of travel and date of booking.

Google Flights is a pretty good way to search for airfare across multiple airlines.

Sadly just because you want to pay $400 doesn't mean it's possible.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lowest cost way to book plane ticket? 2018/9/19 11:56
300 to 400? I doubt you could even get to an American coast for that, so what makes you think it would get you to Japan? Ifm in LA, so almost as close as you can get to Japan within America, and it still costs about $800 from here. For you, you have to take that, PLUS the cost of making it to where I am.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Lowest cost way to book plane ticket? 2018/9/19 12:25
Reading your other posts, you have a bigger problem than the price of a ticket. You won't be allowed to board the plane. You want to go to Japan for a year, but you do not have the right to stay more than 90 days. Airlines aren't going to carry you unless you have an onward or return ticket that falls within that 90 day window.
And, from what I hear from my USA guests, around US$1,000 from California to Japan is a reasonable fare - Google flights or kayak suggest maybe $600 is doable, but some longer flight times. Just because you want a lower price doesn't mean you're going to get one.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Lowest cost way to book plane ticket? 2018/9/21 18:25
I find that the best way to find the cheapest flights is by using skyscanner. This website will tell you when the cheapest flights are within the year, month, or week. You can also immidiately book. But 1000 is atually not really that expensive. Check out https://alovingladytravels.com/2018/05/30/how-i-did-it-booking-a-holid... is you want to know more
by Kyra (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lowest cost way to book plane ticket? 2018/9/21 20:39
The usual way to get a cheap ticket, is do a search, that is my advice.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Lowest cost way to book plane ticket? 2018/9/21 21:30
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on answering this person's questions....they are all over the place and are very dubious in purpose.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread