Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirakawago & Takayama w/o Main Line 2018/9/19 09:20
Hi, guys! At first I was thinking in go from Kanazawa to Gokayama, Shirakawago, Takayama and maybe Hida in just one day, by bus and returning to Kanazawa by train. It would be a hurry, of course, but to me seems ok because I could use the late trains. But the Takayama Main Line is interrupted now and I guess that see all of these places can not be a viable option anymore - or this circuit is possible just by bus? I'll take any suggestions, but really don't have more than one day (shame on me). Thanks!
by Buraji (guest)  

Re: Shirakawago & Takayama w/o Main Line 2018/9/19 12:56
To be honest, it wasn't ever really possible to see all that in one day anyway. Pick your favorite 1 or 2 or plan some extra days. Make use of bus lines (like Nohi Bus) if train is not running.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago & Takayama w/o Main Line 2018/9/19 18:00
I would agree that it would be unlikely to be able to do all those locations in one day. So in saying that, you dont need to worry about the trains, as buses would be faster options of travel. So either:-

Kanazawa to Shirakawago, then to Gokayama, back to Kanazawa
-or-
Kanazawa to Shirakawago, then to Takayama, back to Kanazawa
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago & Takayama w/o Main Line 2018/9/19 22:12
Thank you for the responses! I appreciate the thoughts you shared and will try to chose two favorites so.
by Buraji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago & Takayama w/o Main Line 2018/9/19 22:29
Do you have more information regarding the train line of Takayama honsen?
by alpri rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago & Takayama w/o Main Line 2018/9/19 22:53
@alpri

Just the information by JR (http://english.jr-central.co.jp/_pdf/takayama-bus.pdf) and Japan Guide (https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5908.html).

"[...] the line remains interrupted north of Takayama between Sakakami and Inotani until around late November."

Re: Shirakawago & Takayama w/o Main Line 2018/9/19 22:58
You could rent a car. Then it would depend on the time of day you are willing to start/end your day and the time you spend in eachof the places. I personally would find your itinerary too rushed, but I am a very slow traveller.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago & Takayama w/o Main Line 2018/9/20 00:16
@LikeBike

I would be great indeed! But sadly I can not drive. Thanks for the wishes too!

Re: Shirakawago & Takayama w/o Main Line 2018/9/20 00:17
** It

reply to this thread