Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa for my Mother 2018/9/22 13:10
Hello, I have a question regarding my momfs visa. My mother lived in Japan for almost 20 years. But when our father died we migrated in Philippines which my motherfs hometown. Now Ifm back in Japan and I want my mother also to come here. Since My citizen is japanese can I get her a visa? And what will be her visa? She has an old alien card, she paid taxes and receives pension from Japan. But ofcourse we were not in Japan for 14 years all her requirements are already expired. Please help me what is the best for my mother. Is it ok to get her a certificate of eligibility?
by Mina (guest)  

Re: Visa for my Mother 2018/9/22 16:14
You do not say how long. For short-term visits she can apply for a visa for visiting relatives at her local Japanese consulate; no CoE needed. For a long-term stay, you can try a "Long-term Resident" visa; this requires a CoE. See http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/01.html
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread