Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ticket availability for Bullet train 2018/9/25 01:36
I will be travelling to Japan in mid November and i am planning to take a 7 day JR pass which i will collect on reaching Japan. So i will not be able to book my tickets well in advance.
Can someone please advise if Bullet train tickets are easily available or they need to be booked well in advance.

Thanks
Lokesh
by Lokesh  

Re: Ticket availability for Bullet train 2018/9/25 13:04
There is no need for advanced reservation, unless you travel during major holidays. There are holidays in November on 11/3 and 11/23 (I would not call them major).
by G10 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket availability for Bullet train 2018/9/25 13:34
Because we do not know your plan, so we can not judge whether JRP is the right choice.

Advance reservation(online booking) is possible only with JR East and JR Hokkaido Shinkansen, but.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/ticket/reservation.html
by ABAtv (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket availability for Bullet train 2018/9/25 14:01
It should normally not be a problem. It also depends if you are traveling alone or not and obviously where exactly you are traveling. Baci t it should be totally fine to do the reservations once you arrive.
If you plan to ride on any special train (eg Hello Kitty Shinkansen) the situation might be different.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket availability for Bullet train 2018/9/26 09:10
Depends entirely on which trains you plan on using and on what day. Some trains (shinkansen), even on ordinary week days, sell out, so you have to be flexible with your timings. Most of the time you will not have a problem. Sometimes you will.
I use more trains than the average person, and yesterday two of the options I had (for my morning departure and afternoon return) were sold-out - that is on a non-holiday Tuesday. Fortunately I was on a flexible schedule (not JRP) and able to use nozomi services which did the same job with only a slight delay. If I was on a JRP, I could have taken a slower train, risked non-reserved tickets and stand, or pick a service an hour later.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Ticket availability for Bullet train 2018/10/13 12:38
Thanks a lot for replies.
by Lokesh rate this post as useful

reply to this thread