Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 night between Osaka and Kyoto 2018/10/3 14:13
Hello!

I made a mistake and forgot to book 1 night accommodation between Osaka and Kyoto, so now have Saturday 13 October with no accommodation, WHOOPS!

What do you recommend for the middle?
I cant extend Osaka or Kyoto to cover the night as both accommodations are booked out on that night.

Should we go to to Naoshima for the night? or any other suggestions that a near by for just 1 night?

Thank you all!

by CEJ (guest)  

Re: 1 night between Osaka and Kyoto 2018/10/3 20:17
It obviously depends on the rest of your itinerary but you could:
Nara
Arima onsen
Koyasan
Okayama
Himeiji

The list could go on. Or just a different hotel in Kyoto or Osaka.

Naoshima is also fine, but you would need like 2D1N from Osaka back to Kyoto. For travel and time on the island. If you donft need that much time In Osaka/Kyoto then that is fine.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 night between Osaka and Kyoto 2018/10/3 20:17
It might be an idea to stay the extra day/night in Osaka and sleep the night in a capsule Hotel?
There a plenty one, and also with good conditions (live "design hotels").

Or you can stay in one of the fancy Love Hotels for the night (as an "extra" Experience ;-) )
There have sometimes really funny interieur designs.
by Vio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 night between Osaka and Kyoto 2018/10/3 21:58
If you haven't prepared anything on that day, I will recommend Nara, Kobe or Arima Onsen, also stay over night. As someone has posted, book a love hotel, they are reason priced and all have different theme, I did that in Enoshima when I couldn't find a cheap hotel, they even reduced the price for me as I was stay alone.

Do note that most Love Hotel require you to check in a certain time, oppose to regular hotel, usually like 1800 or even 2000.

This November I will be stay at one Love Hotel in Kobe, check in time is 1800, and it's 4700 yen.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: 1 night between Osaka and Kyoto 2018/10/3 22:51
How about sleeping in a temple? There is one in Nara, and there are several in Mt.Koya which is south fron Osaka, it would be a different experience. They are not expensive (the price includes dinner and breakfast which is a plus). But remember that the check-in is quite early (until 5pm).
I hope everything will go well for you, and enjoy your trip to japan!!!
by catiasmteixeira rate this post as useful

Re: 1 night between Osaka and Kyoto 2018/10/4 03:58
If it is not already on your agenda, a night in Hiroshima wouldn't be a bad addition to the trip.
by JB25 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 night between Osaka and Kyoto 2018/10/4 10:35
How about staying in Shiga.
http://hotel-koo.com/

You can join the Otsu Jazz fes. at that day.
http://otsu-jazz.jp/

It is free to hear the live performances done at many places in the city.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

reply to this thread