Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 36

1 2
next

Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/16 16:40
My permanent residence card has expired, i mean the renewal. But i am outside of japan. And i have re entry permit of 5 years and i am traveling after 4 years to japan and my residence card expired 3 years ago. Am i going to face any problems in immigration?
by Man Kumari (guest)  

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/16 18:08
if your zairyu card was expired, it probably means that you lost your residential status.

according to the government site,
reentry permit will be given at most for 5 years, but also there is another regulation that it will be given until your residential status is expired.
you have to renew the card every 7 years. otherwise, you will lose the residential status.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 03:13
I had asked this same question to an immigration officer while I was getting my re-entry extended. She told me it’s ok if your residence card is expired so long you have the re-entry valid
Besides they don’t check your residence card while entering japan. You should be ok

My request to you, please do post your experience once you are in japan so that we will know what exactly happened
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 03:26
I just got offloaded from the airline. They said i can't go as my card has expired. So what's going on?
by Man Kumari (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 03:58
Did you ask the question on re-entry under diffenf name and got offloaded by ANA?
You need to tell us what kind of re-entry you have? Do you have a sticker on your passport with valid dates? I dont think airlines will offload you with that valid sticker

by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 04:08
Yes, i have the valid sticker on my passport. I explained everything, but he didn't let me in because of the expired residence card

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 04:11
I have single re entry permit of 5 years as I am the permanent resident of Japan. It is valid till 2019

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 04:24
See This picture below, the re-entry should be for multiple, why is it single for you?

http://blog-imgs-24.fc2.com/p/u/n/puninimee/20081113201335.jpg

Also why did you show residence card to airlines, just show them the re-entry stamp

Re-entry is your only gate to enter japan, if your single reentry is already consumed. Then my friend you have lost your PR

I would say, buy a new ticket with other airlines like air India , and this time don’t show the residence card to them

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 09:03
your zaryu card is checked upon entry in Japan.
You are in the system even if you do not have to hand in. They can see.

If your card is expired even if you have re-entry the re-entry is worthless.
There are conditions for re-entry and that is to have a valid visa

So you basically lost your status and need to go through the process again.
This is the responsibility of the OP since immigration always send information once the expiration date is close by.

There is no excuse that you do not know since you are adult and responsible for your own administration
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 10:17
I think zairyu card is the proof of the residential status.
if you want to prove your status to a third person, you have to have a valid zairyu card.
re-entry permit is valid in the condition that you have an appropriate status. but, you lost the proof of your status.
there is a possibility that you can recover the status, because "permit of permanent residency" and "validness of zairyu card" are different. (by that reason, there is an opinion that you can enter Japan, even though your zairyu card was already expired. )
you can come to Japan, as a temporary visitor. and may try to recover your status at immigration office.

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 12:20
I think you should just contact the immigration by phone. They can better check and explain, than asking on the internet

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 12:59
So what's going on?

What's going on is that the airline erred, but sadly there's not much you can do about it because their conditions of carriage (to which you agreed when purchasing your ticket) basically say they can deny boarding for any reason.

The best you can hope for is a refund so you can purchase a ticket with another airline, but be warned that all airlines use the same database (called Timatic) to determine each country's entry requirements, so if the error is in Timatic, other airlines are likely to deny you boarding as well.

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 13:17
I do not agree with just my day, re entry is enough to enter and I have asked this to immigration officer

Since OP is out of country he won’t receive renewal notice and can not renew Zairyu card

I think single entry could be a problem tho if it’s already stamped and consumed

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 13:38
No, the single re entry is not consumed. And the airline said the re entry is fine but since alien card has expired we can't let you board the plane

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 16:23
since you are requested to show additional documents by ANA, you may ask them that the document below can be acceptable, instead of valid zairyu card.
再入国許可期限証明願, certificate for the re-entry permit deadline.
http://www.moj.go.jp/content/000099657.pdf

this has as same validity as the re-entry permit which you have on your passport, but this is fresh, although the seal on your passport is 5 year old.

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 16:34
So, how do i get this application filled, do i have to order this from japan immigration or something else?

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 16:38
"seal" should be changed to "label".

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 16:49
Re-entry is you leave the airport and you return in a certain time period. When you return within or outside this period the re-entry is used.

The problem is the resident card. In the system it is stated that OP has lost the current status mentioned on the resident card.

I think the staff of the airplane should at least let you go to Japan as tourist.
You will maybe be questioned at arrival. Than you could talk with immigration

So you can Indeed come on tourist visa and than go to immigration.
But any way this card is important, even not showing all the information is in the system.

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 16:52
LINK REMOVED FOR PRIVACY REASONS
Can you please explain.
This is my re entry permit and residence card

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 16:55
I explained the airline all that is needed, but they didn't simply let me in.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 36

1 2
next

reply to this thread