Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sequencing my destinations 2018/11/1 21:33
I will be in Tokyo from 9th to 14th November and i am planning to do day trips to Nikko, Kusatsu Onsen and Fuji 5 lakes.
The sequence i am planning is Nikko first , then Fuji 5 lakes and in the end Kusatsu onsen. Does this look correct or any order is fine. My main focus would be Autumn colors and i am planning Nikko first as its already at its peak, will peak colors for week or 2 weeks?

Also is it worth staying late and watch night illumination of autumn color at any of these places?
by Lokesh  

Re: Sequencing my destinations 2018/11/2 10:50
Nikko is peak but your date on 9thNov for the lower elevation should still be very beautiful. I was there at 23Oct2018 and the high and mid elevation is all peak but still can last for another week and the lowest elevation still green hence by your time the lower park will all peak and beautiful. Enjoy and be there very early as it turn dark after 2-3PM.
by EP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sequencing my destinations 2018/11/2 18:29
Hi

I was in Kusatsu on 26 Oct, the park is so pretty with autumn colors not to be missed! & the temple nearby (up the staircase) was full of autumn leaves too

Bus ride from Kusatsu to train station (guess both ways) is full of autumn view so take bus before get dark to fully enjoy the ride. We arrive Kusatsu about 6pm was dark.

I was in Fuji five lake last year first time see night illustration of autumn leave, really enjoyed. If you haven't see before, recommended. But if seen before guess u could skip, just my suggestion as I enjoyed autumn foilage more in the day

Nikko is very beautiful in autumn was there few years back. Instead of day trip u could consider stay a nite in all the 3 places to fully enjoy each destination.
by Covan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sequencing my destinations 2018/11/6 21:30
I went to Nikko this year from Oct 20 to Oct 13. If you are visiting the temples and shrines of Nikko in the town, day trip should be good. But if you are planning to visit Chuzenjiko or other places in Oku Nikko, please be warned about the traffic jam along the road from Nikko town to Chuzenjiko onsen. Traffic was worse in the reverse direction from Chuzenjiko to Nikko town, and so the bus ride takes a very long time. I saw many people who are doing day trip, rushing to get to Nikko station late in the night due to these delays.
by Thiag rate this post as useful

Re: Sequencing my destinations 2018/11/6 21:31
A small correction - Oct 20 to Oct 23rd.

Re: Sequencing my destinations 2018/11/6 21:45
Autumn light-up is definitely worth it, especially if you haven't seen one before. I visited Entsuin autumn light-up at Matsushima this year, and it was a very pretty sight!

reply to this thread