Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

100k yen enough for 1 week for 1 person? 2018/11/2 08:05
Hi I am a __ year old total weeb I don't want to give my age uwu
I'd like to have a trip to japan to Tokyo possibly in April. Would 100k yen last me for atleast 1-2weeks? Since I think cherry blossoms bloom in april would it be a tourist attraction and would the prices go up?
Thanks for any replies
by Legend Weebs On YT  

Re: 100k yen enough for 1 week for 1 person? 2018/11/2 10:44
Presume this amount is ONLY for your daily expenses not including Hotel etc then should be enough . Generally US50 per day per person should be OK. Most of if not all the park for cherry park are Free to enter. Price would NOT go up because of cherry. Of course that spending does not allow u to eat at high class restaurant but decent meal.
by EP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 100k yen enough for 1 week for 1 person? 2018/11/2 13:40
Avoid bars and fancy restaurants and malls and take the subway everywhere and 100k goes really far. I think I could eat enough and have a lot of fun on 7-10k per day easily.

(excluding hotel and airfare, obviously)

by me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 100k yen enough for 1 week for 1 person? 2018/11/2 19:18
There isn't a requirement to announce your ages. Derp derp wee wee lollipops shmert.

100K should last for every day expenses. Not enough though if that is for accommodation also. And yes peak tourist season means prices go up for hotels.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 100k yen enough for 1 week for 1 person? 2018/11/3 22:04
100k seems alot for a person but I dont know you so I cant make a judgement.
If the plan is to visit Tokyo only (excluding side trip to other nearby prefectures), i think you wont be spending a lot each day.
Parks as mentioned are generally free. Shinjuku Gyoen entrance fee is 500 yen. Other parks u can confirm the cost by visiting japan guide.
Daily meals depends on how big an eater you are, shophouses that sell ramen/ simple rice meals will cost ~1000yen or lower.
by kaikaii88 rate this post as useful

Re: 100k yen enough for 1 week for 1 person? 2018/11/4 02:51
It depends on you only. I know a friend that went to Japan for almost almost 2 weeks (1 week and an half) and he spent 5000€ (5695 US dollars/644,550 JPY). I know it's an abuse and unrealistic, but he restraint himself. He only went on Taxis, trying Kaiseki many times, he even ate Kobe beef, and slept in Resorts...So of course, he would spent that much.

For myself, 100k JPY is quite enough for food/museum and temple admissions/local transport/souvenirs (not counting accomodation neither flights). I'm not a extravagant person, not going on a budget either, but I selected a few restaurants that the prices are between 800JPY-1500JPY (I'm still undecided about going to try Sukiyaki since it's a bit expensive). I also don't plan to ride any taxi, and only public transports. I also selected a few museums and temples to see and not everything that cross my way. I also made a list of souvenirs I want to buy (I'm not going to be restricted to this list, but it's a way to organize and don't spend money with useless things that can cost me other sightseeings).

So in the end it really depends on you, what you really want to do, buy and try. But for a regular (non-budged/non-extravagant), 100k JPY is a good amount of comfort for your trip. You just need to set your priorities and make a general plan. Of course, that is my opinion, I usually make lots of research on my trips and make plans all the time, but you might be different.
by catiasmteixeira rate this post as useful

Re: 100k yen enough for 1 week for 1 person? 2018/11/4 04:17
It's all up to your comfort level.
I know I sure could do fine on that amount. Pick a cheap place to stay in Taito-ku south of Minami Senju Stn like the Hotel Juyoh and I can get my own room for 3000 yen per night. I can eat decently for 1000 yen for lunch or dinner, or even less if I eat fast food, a convenience store bento, etc. There is a 3 day Tokyo subway pass for 1500 yen. And if I want to see the area, there is the Tokyo Wide Pass, so I can go into Nagano, the Fuji 5 Lakes area, Kusatsu, Izu, etc.
If you want to throw money around like going to the Sky Tree, Disney Parks, etc, you can burn through your money fast. But there are many other places that are free, or Tokyo's many gorgeous traditional gardens are dirt cheap and very satisfying.
https://goo.gl/q5nDom
https://goo.gl/tAECfM

Contrary to all the garbage put out by people who don't know better, you can see Japan on a budget without skimping, scrooging or starving.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 100k yen enough for 1 week for 1 person? 2018/11/5 21:28
I definitely think that should work out. I went to Japan for 11 days in the summer and only spent around 500 euro for everything. So food, entertainment, transportation, all of that. It's all about tje choices you make of course. Breakfast from 7/11 is a lot cheaper than if you go to a restaurant for example, so that's what I did. If you want to know more about my budget you can find it here: https://alovingladytravels.com/2018/11/03/travel-budget-for-10-days-ja...
by Kyra (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 100k yen enough for 1 week for 1 person? 2018/11/6 00:38
Everyone pretty much summed it up.

It all depends on you and how you like to travel.

When someone asked me for an average budget for a week in Tokyo, I say around $3000USD per person, including flight, hotel, and spending money. I also tell them it's +/- some money if they decide to do day trips, or even decide to just walk around.

I budgeted for my next trip few hundred extra because we have to use taxis sometimes because of my wife's feet issue, and because we are going to amusement parks. We also buy a lot of gifts for people for Christmas!
by SBxJap rate this post as useful

reply to this thread