Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo 2018/11/2 23:14
Hi,Ifm planning to go to Japan this December 30 and Ifm planning to purchase JR pass for 7days. However, I was wondering if do I need to get Osaka Amazing pass,ICOCA card or Tokyo subway while exploring the city? My IT includes USJ,sightseeing OSAKA, overnight in Kyoto and sightseeing TOKYO, Tokyo Disneysea and Mt. Fujiten Resort as highlight. Thanks
by Jo Villanueva (guest)  

Re: Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo 2018/11/3 17:37
It depends on your actual sights you are aiming for. Some cannot be accessed by JR services.

But with only seven days for Osaka, Kyoto, Kawaguchiko and Tokyo. You will be rushing and you could only plan to see sight that only JR services.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo 2018/11/3 17:56
Thanks for the info. My other question is, given I will purchase JR pass, can I use it from KYOTO to TOKYO?
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo 2018/11/3 18:00
Yes.

But before you buy a JR pass. The question shows you have nil knowledge about JR passes.

A seven day pass will only pay off with a round trip between the two. If you fly in to Osaka and out of Tokyo. A seven day JR pass will not pay off.

Re: Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo 2018/11/3 18:07
What will you recommend transpo from kyoto to tokyo?

Re: Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo 2018/11/3 18:14
Shinkansen
Highway bus
Overnight bus
Plane

Re: Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo 2018/11/4 04:54
One-way Kyoto to Tokyo with Shinkansen is about 14000 yen and takes 2h15min. No need for railpass if you are just going this distance. Travelling in the Tokyo or Osaka area you are usually fine with a Pasmo/Suica card (metro/commuter trains).
by sullon rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo 2018/11/4 09:12
Do you have the link on how to purchase shinkansen ticket online?

Re: Osaka-Kyoto-Tokyo 2018/11/4 23:08
You cant do that from abroad unless you use a travel agency if I recall correctly.

https://www.seat61.com/Japan.htm#How_to_buy_tickets
by sullon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread