Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sagano Scenic Railway - advance ticket 2018/11/12 19:00
Hi, I am visiting Arashiyama on a Sunday and wanted to book an advance ticket on Sagano Scenic Rail.

However, based on their official website it says that there is no seats available for my date.

Do you think I should try to visit Umahori and take the scenic rail? I am just afraid by the time I reach Umahori, there is still no tickets.
by Clarie  

Re: Sagano Scenic Railway - advance ticket 2018/11/13 11:30
What date?
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Scenic Railway - advance ticket 2018/11/13 11:51
I plan to go on 25 Nov (Sun)...but the ticketing website says no seats.
by Clarie rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Scenic Railway - advance ticket 2018/11/13 14:00
Yeah look like the advance seats are full. Day after has some seats.

And if you are willing to buy the open air car ticket. They can only be purchased on the day. No advanced pre sales.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Scenic Railway - advance ticket 2018/11/14 09:57
Thanks so much for the kind advice!

I will skip this then. Will probably just do a half day in arashiyama since we are not visiting shrines nor taking the scenice rail or boat.

Should be done quite fast.

I saw someone recommend Steak Otsuka nearby. Maybe will end with a lunch at this place before we proceed with next destination.
by Clarie rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Scenic Railway - advance ticket 2018/11/17 03:45
Please, Please don't!

Since you are in Arashiyama in Koyo season (autumn season) I would recommend you to take the Scenic Railway. From the moment you arrive at Arashiyama, head to the office and buy your ticket. (I would go for later that day) and start exploring Arashiyama area. Visit the Bamboo Grove, Okochi Sanso Villa (Beautiful in Koyo) and the famous bridge. Go back and do the Scenic Railway.

Trust me, you won't regret this!
by Mikichan1991 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread