Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shopping in Wakayama? 2018/11/18 14:00
We will be in Japan in March/April, first in Kyushu then working our way up to Wakayama and doing part of the Kumano Kodo trail. Before we come home I'd like to buy some more Japanese crockery - plates, bowls etc and some lacquerware.
With no time to get to Kappabashi in Tokyo or even Sennichimae Doguyasuji Shopping Street in Osaka, I'm wondering if anyone can advise whether there would be anywhere in Wakayama I could shop.
I wish I'd bought more in Tokyo last year but it's all so hard to carry when you're travelling around.
by yeshekathy  

Re: Shopping in Wakayama? 2018/11/18 18:04
There is a big Aeon mall in Wakayama; they usually have some stores selling that kind of items.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping in Wakayama? 2018/11/19 07:17
THank you
by yeshekathy rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping in Wakayama? 2018/11/20 02:46
Wakayama is quite a small place. The shopping on offer there is limited compared to a bigger city. You may well find what you want, but just be aware that you're unlikely to find a huge range on offer.

You may do better for lacquerware than for pottery. Kainan, fairly near to Wakayama city, is a centre for the craft.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping in Wakayama? 2018/11/20 06:03
Saga in Kyushu is also very famous for pottery. Maybe you can pick up something there already and for example have it shipped to KIX for you to pick up there, if you don't want to drag it around with you for the rest of the journey?
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping in Wakayama? 2018/11/25 15:45
That's a good idea (shopping in Kyushu first). We're going to stay in Karatsu and hope to do a little tour of pottery towns from there.
thank you
by yeshekathy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread