Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route may-june 2018/11/27 00:08
Hi all,

just here doing my research for my next trip.

I have two questions:
01. I'd like to do the Alpine Route on my next trip. I can go there around the 25th of May or around June 7th...I'd really like to see the Snow Wall, but I also like to visit the Mikurigaike pond in Murodo. Is it possible on these dates to visit both sites? (Aside from the possible rainy-weather not permitting it etc.)

02. Considering the above, would you guys recommend a 1 or 2 day trip with an overnight to enjoy the Alpine Route to the fullest?
by Mikichan1991  

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route may-june 2018/11/27 10:59
Is it possible on these dates to visit both sites? (Aside from the possible rainy-weather not permitting it etc.)

Yes. You can see what it was like on May 18th 2017.

https://h-tateyama.alpen-route.co.jp/news/326/

Considering the above, would you guys recommend a 1 or 2 day trip with an overnight to enjoy the Alpine Route to the fullest?

Do you mean 1 night stay or 1 day through trip of Alpine route (Toyama-Tateyama-Murodo-Kurobe dam-Omachi)? Of course if you have time, you might better stay at Murodo (and then to Kurobe dam if you are from Toyama). Mikurigaike onsen is an affordable mountain hut (around 10000 yen, with dinner and breakfast, dorm room) close to Murodo.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread