Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone or Kawaguchiko? 2018/12/23 14:02
Hey guys, I'm visiting Tokyo on next February and planning to see Mt. Fuji. Is it better to visit Hakone or Kawaguchiko for a day trip? Thank you very much!
by AeroHollister  

Re: Hakone or Kawaguchiko? 2018/12/23 15:24
I think more chances to see Fuji from Kawaguchiko but more to do in Hakone if you cant see it!

by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone or Kawaguchiko? 2018/12/23 15:58
If you want to see mt. Fuji, kawaguchiko definitely better
by Leo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone or Kawaguchiko? 2018/12/24 06:14
Since it is a day trip (no overnight stay) you can decide the night before (or even in the morning of) the day, depending on the weather. The views are very different, with a more up close look from Kawaguchiko vs. the distant look from Hakone. The air is less hazy in the morning, so plan on arriving early. If views are clear from both locations, I personally liked the view from Hakone better. Plus there are more things to do/see in Hakone, as previously noted.
by yamachan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone or Kawaguchiko? 2018/12/24 08:31
Probably higher chance from Kawaguchiko, but the trip is longer and IMO less to do/see there (and a more expensive trip).

But, as a related point, if you can see Fuji from Tokyo before you leave, then it might be worth going on/for the day. And how long do you want to spend looking at the mountain? Five minutes, ten? Make the trip about a whole lot more than just taking a couple of photos of the snow peak.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone or Kawaguchiko? 2018/12/24 17:47
I would pick Kawaguchiko over Hakone, especially nowadays that you cannot go near Owakudani at Hakone.

Note that morning skies aren't necessarily clearer. It can just as well be misty in the morning but become perfectly clear in the afternoon. Mt. Fuji views are all down to luck.
by nateliv rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone or Kawaguchiko? 2018/12/25 09:23
especially nowadays that you cannot go near Owakudani at Hakone.

??? Are you referring to the closure a few years back? My last few times at Owakudani there were no problems/restrictions (most recently September).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone or Kawaguchiko? 2018/12/29 23:33
>Probably higher chance from Kawaguchiko, but the trip is longer and IMO less to do/see there (and a more expensive trip).

Can you explain why Kawaguchiko trip is more expensive? Because from what I know, Hakone seems to be more expensive.
by AeroHollister rate this post as useful

reply to this thread