Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan 9-day 8-night itinerary advice 2018/12/31 17:31
I am planning to travel to Tokyo > kyoto > Osaka > Nara > Nagoya > Gala Yuzawa & Nikko in early March.I will touch down & depart from Narita airport.
My trip will be 9 days 8 night.
Once i reach Narita airport, I will directly deprt for Kyoto.

I already buy 7day JR pass for the trip.

Does JR pass cover tourist attraction in Kansai region?

Do I still need to buy Kansai thru pass or other related pass for tourist attraction in Kansai region?

Is it worth it just to use the JR pass to cover the tourist attraction in Kansai Region ?

Kindly refer my planned itinerary :

Kyoto : 2 days

Osaka : 1 day

Nagoya : 1 day

Nara : half day

Galay Yuzawa : 1day

Nikko : 1day

Tokyo : rest of the remaining days

Kindly suggest a suitable itinerary or tourist attraction that I can cover as per above plan.

Thanks in advance
by Fariz5656 (guest)  

Re: Japan 9day8night itinerary advice 2019/1/1 09:04
Too many locations for 8 days. Omit Osaka and Nagoya. Add more to Tokyo and Kyoto.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan 9-day 8-night itinerary advice 2019/1/2 22:14
Looks kind of rushed. In my opinion, Nara can be done in half a day but it depends on where your hotel for the night is. For example, you can start with half a day of Nara and then spend the other half in Osaka since it's basically a night city (whereas Kyoto is a day city).

Personally I like Osaka better than Kyoto, but it's true that Kyoto has more touristy spots so I'd understand if you want to spend more time there. Though Kiyomizudera is under construction now and it's absolutely not worth it to go.

In my experience, Nikko was a little bit tight to do in only one day. We did both the major walking routes, coming from Tokyo that day and staying in Nikko. It was a super tiring day and in hindsight we would've liked a second day for the nature just outside of centre Nikko.

Your current schedule leaves 2 days for Tokyo? Might be too short if it's your first time. Or otherwise, just choose the parts that you're most interested in (e.g. four out of the major spots like Shibuya, Shinjuku, Odaiba, Ueno, Akihabara, etc).
by NJeroen rate this post as useful

Re: Japan 9-day 8-night itinerary advice 2019/1/3 07:45
Thank You for the advice.
I will skip Nikko as per your mention it is a little bit tight to cover in 1 day.
Can you suggest another nature location I can cover as a site trip from Tokyo in 1 day.
I have been to Tokyo before and cover most of the Tokyo Metropolis area.

by fariz5656 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan 9-day 8-night itinerary advice 2019/1/3 09:15
We enjoyed Mt Takao. We went from Yokohama, but it is also an easy day trip from Tokyo.

We walked up, visited the temple on the way and enjoyed the view at the top. We took the chairlift down which was a lot of fun and the view was great.When you get back to the bottom there is a public bath at the station to soak away the day before you head home.

We didn't take any snacks and wish we had, as there were limited food options at the top. We did have some delicious noodles at one of many restaurants on the way to the station.

Enjoy your trip!
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan 9-day 8-night itinerary advice 2019/1/3 15:22
From Tokyo I have to be side trips to Nikko, Kamakura and Hakone.

Although Nikko was the longest trip I thought it was by far the best. You can't see everything in one day but if you make choices up front it is very doable.

From the station we took the bus to the main temples. After that we took a bus straight to lake Chuzenji to first see Ryuzu water falls and the the Kevin falls.

It was not rushed but we didn't do cable carts or sightseeing the town. Would have been happy to stay one more day but didn't fit the schedule.
by WJ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread