Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tohoku - 30th Birthday suggestions 2019/1/7 22:36
Hi all,

Any suggestions of activities/ places to go near or in Sendai?

Visiting in mid march and i'm looking for something special to do with my wife (it's her 30th bday).

We don't want to spend hours on trains so nothing that is too far away, we're going to Yamadera the day after fyi.

Thanks
by Johan2121  

Re: Tohoku - 30th Birthday suggestions 2019/1/8 12:35
Matsushima is very nice. Maybe Hiraizumi. In Sendai itself, Zuihoden is not to be missed. You could even spend a whole day walking around the shops and restaurants of Sendai Station (itfs huge) and the surrounding department stores.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Tohoku - 30th Birthday suggestions 2019/1/8 14:31
For sightseeing I liked Hiraizumi plus there are two gorges really close. For something more special maybe Cat Island? https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5031.html I havenft been and am not a special cat lover, but a friend visited already several times from Tokyo. Or fox village?
http://zao-fox-village.com/en (I havenft been either)

My personal preference for a day out on my birthday would be a relaxing day in an onsen. I donft know the region around Sendai well enough to advise, but Internet is your friend.

Enjoy your time in Sendai!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tohoku - 30th Birthday suggestions 2019/1/8 16:53
We went to Yamadera and Tashirojima on day trips from Sendai last summer. Both were very memorable days for us and since you're already visiting Yamadera, I would certainly recommend Tashirojima. Also, the huge Kannon statue in Sendai is also a worthwile visit. Quite the impressive sight, only downside is that it's quite a hassle to get there (with the bus) and there's not much too do there besides looking at the statue.
by NJeroen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread