Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is car rental available in Mount Koyasan? 2019/1/8 14:30
Hi all,

I will be in Mount Koyasan on April 9th and staying overnight.

I am hoping to drive the next day to Nachisan Temple and then Kumano. I've looked into a private driver but they've said it will cost 130,000 JPY ($1,200 USD).

As such, is there a car hire place in Mount Koyasan which would allow me drop the car off in Kumano?

Alternatively, are there any buses from Mount Koyasan that can take me to Nachisan Temple, and then to Kumano in the one day?

Thanks all!
by BradR  

Re: Is car rental available in Mount Koyasan? 2019/1/8 22:20
Where do you go to Koyasan from? And where are you going after the Kumano Kodo region?

Maybe look into hiring a car in e.g. Wakayama, driving it up and down Koyasan before dropping it off in e.g. KiiKatsuura?

Public transport to/from/around the Kumano Kodo region isn't all that amazing, so you may well think it worth your while to drive in and out of the region, dropping the car off at somewhere which has mainline train services.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread