Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

After CoR is ok to leave Japan for vacation? 2019/2/27 00:33
So, some weeks ago i applied for Change of Residence Status to Spouse of National Japanese while i was on Temporary Visitor status in Japan, and i luckily got accepted.
Now i'm concerned tho about 1 thing...
Me and my wife, would like to plan a "honey moon" trip to my country to celebrate our wedding, and of course, meet with my other family members that still couldn't meet my wife in person.
But, what will happen if we leave Japan?
I have the Residence card that states i'm a Spouse but that's all...
I got nothing else on my passport, except the previous entry permit with nearby the stamp from my apply.
If i leave, the immigration officer will "hole" my Residence card? or there is a way for me to get some sort of "temporary pass" to leave Japan and return in a designated time?

If someone could reply and clarify this for me, i would be grateful.
Thanks in advance for anyone that will read and reply.
by Br0do  

Re: After CoR is ok to leave Japan for vacation? 2019/2/27 08:33
congratulations,

Once bags are checked, tickets are in hand, and you’ve passed security, the next step is to head to embankment immigration control. Here is where they check passports and tickets. What is of the utmost importance to have here is a Re-Entry Permit (formally also known as the Embarkation and Disembarkation Card for Re-entrants). Copies of the Re-Entry Permit (再入国許可, sainyuukoku-kyoka) forms can be found near the line of people waiting to have their information checked, or at any of the paperwork stands spread across the large, open room. This paper tells the officer if you are coming back to Japan, and roughly how long you will be out of the country.

If you travel a lot you can also apply for the automatic gates at the airports which you can use.
This can be freely applied at the immigration.

When you return you have a special line for reentry.

that is all you need.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: After CoR is ok to leave Japan for vacation? 2019/2/27 09:35
All information needed by immigration with regard to your status of resident is in your zairyu/resident card, immigration don't put resident status sticker on passport anymore since 2012.

Before you go over immigration control booth, make sure you fill in the card
Embarkation and Disembarkation Card for Reentrant
(再入国出入国記録, sainyuukoku shutsunyuukoku kiroku)

sample http://www.pref.iwate.jp/kokusai/27900/32467/32471/032517.html
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/re-ed/EDcard_leaf_en.pdf
The card is available before the immigration control booth, after you passed the security check.

Make sure you check/tick
#1 box, “I am leaving Japan temporarily and will return.”
If you plan to leave and return Japan within 1 year period.

Have the card filled and pass it together with your passport and zairyu card to immigration officer.
They will return your zairyu card, passport and portion of the card(make sure you don't lose it).

Not related, FYI only.
#2 box if you plan to leave and return Japan more than one year. In addition, you will need to Re-entry permit(再入国許可, sainyuukoku kyoka, which need to be apply prior at immigration office.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: After CoR is ok to leave Japan for vacation? 2019/2/27 11:03
Thanks both of you for explaining me how it works! You are great!
I'll remember this before I leave for my vacation!
Thank you again
by Br0do rate this post as useful

reply to this thread