Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

spouse visa denied then divorce? 2019/3/1 02:11
I got married in the Philippines with a Japanese man in 2012 we lost contact for 5 years because he got sick and his family blocked all communications from all of his Filipino friends including me. After 5 years my cousin in Japan heard the news that his family sent him to a rojin home institution because he cannot walk and had lost his memory. I entered Japan as a tourist and hired a lawyer to talk to my husband's family. I begged them to let me see my husband. I tried to get a spouse visa my lawyer told me there is a chance because it 's not a fake marriage. Decision time came October 2018, DENIED..reasons were we are not living together, we were apart for 5 years and my husband has no income.
these are my questions:
1; is it too soon to get a divorce? I am planning to do it this coming May.
2. will my spouse visa application in the future if I decide to get married again affected if I will divorce after 7 months of the denial of my spouse visa..

by Princess0129  

Re: spouse visa denied then divorce? 2019/3/1 15:48
This is a situation I never heard before.

1) If you married how come you agreed and accept that his family did not allow you to have contact with you husband. If they forced or broke communication you should have taken action at that moment since he is your husband. This already raise up questions for the immigration

2) Now after 5 years you want to meet him again. But you have not been with him for 5 years. Automatically this also raise up questions for immigration.

3) Now you are planning to divorce him. This you need to deiced by yourself but if you ever plan to marry with another Japanese citizen than you can have a difficult time again with immigration, if you already dont have.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa denied then divorce? 2019/3/1 16:40
I understand what you mean. I know that's why it was denied. I tried to contact my husband again after 5 years because under Philippine law I am still married and we have lived together in the Philippines before he got sick. During the time I do not have contact with my husband I tried to contact his family and even my cousin in Japan went to their house but they did not speak with her. I cannot do anything. I was in the Philippines during that time. I have no money to go to Japan, I don't have a job during that time. But my cousin in Japan keeps on asking around about my husband around their area. They live in the same area. After 4 years my cousin heard the news that he is staying at the rojin home institution. During that time I have a job and my cousin is also financially capable. She invited me to Japan and we hired a lawyer. As I mentioned in my first post I begged the family to see my husband and a spouse visa is the only way I can stay in Japan to regularly see him but the immigration did not grant it. I have exhausted all my savings for the trips back and forth. I paid the lawyer too. Now the family is creating a lot of stories about me when all I want to do is to visit my husband. They even made me a sign a document that I will not ask for any financial help from them. My husband has properties by the way. I signed the document to assure them I am not after the money. But still, they did not believe me. Now I am trying to enter Japan again and needs my husband's documents to get a visa. They did not give permission. The family is even harassing my lawyer. I am very tired I want a divorce. As much as I would like to continue with the marriage the rights are on the hands of my husband's family. My lawyer said under the Japanese law since his sister is his guardian. I cannot fight for my right as a wife. I gave up that's why I want a divorce. I only ask the question if in the future I want to get married again with a Japanese man. Will it affect if I divorce soon after immigration denied my visa?
by Princess0129 rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa denied then divorce? 2019/3/1 17:35
I am sorry to hear what you have been trough.
Applying a visa would be difficult, mainly because of your situation you are/were in.
But nobody could give you an answer unless you apply once again to come to Japan. Immigration is the one deciding. You should take an immigration lawyer for support for the future.

Sorry for asking, but I understood in the Philippines divorcing is not possible, is there away for you to divorce?
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa denied then divorce? 2019/3/1 17:43
There is no divorce in the Philippines but just recently the law was amended. If a Filipino is married to a foreigner and had a divorce in Japan, in my case, for example, the law will recognize it. But you have to submit a case in court proving the authenticity and again takes time and money to do it because I need to hire a lawyer again. I think around 3000 US dollars and takes around 1 year and a half. They call it RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN DIVORCE.

Re: spouse visa denied then divorce? 2019/3/1 17:51
"my cousin in Japan keeps on asking around about my husband around their area."
that is generally inadequate. probably those actions made the targeted family felt strong fear and got strong anger to you and your cousin.

"if in the future I want to get married again with a Japanese man"
it seems that your purpose is that you want to stay in Japan. they knew your real purpose. so it also made them angry.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa denied then divorce? 2019/3/1 18:24
Yes, my purpose is to really stay in Japan because my husband is there. Is that wrong? And my cousin asking around is inadequate? She also went to the police but they said we need to hire a lawyer during that time because police do not meddle with family matters. and during that time we don't have resources to get a lawyer. That is why when we became financially okay we hired a lawyer. It's not easy to get a visa if you don't have money in the bank. My cousin cannot be my guarantor during that time because she was not working.

Re: spouse visa denied then divorce? 2019/3/2 01:52
that is generally inadequate. probably those actions made the targeted family felt strong fear and got strong anger to you and your cousin.
Maybe thatfs a consequence of locking a womanfs sick husband away from her and not allowing any contact for five years? This is Japan, not Saudi Arabia. Goddamn.

it seems that your purpose is that you want to stay in Japan. they knew your real purpose. so it also made them angry.
This is a bold assumption, Ken. She said she wanted to marry a Japanese man. Didnft say anything about the reason why.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread